Nolensville at Tullahoma

ScottShasteen

The R5 #2 Wildcats host the R6 #3 Knights. Tullahoma is 7-3 while Nolensville is 8-2.

Both teams have played a weak schedule. Nolensville beat only one team with a winning record. The combined record of the opponents it beat is 28-52. Tullahoma also only beat one team with a winning record and the combined record of the opponents it beat is 24-47. 

Tullahoma averages 26 PPG and gives up 13.

Nolensville averages 29 PPG and gives up 17.

If either team plays like they did last week, they will probably lose. I expect both teams to play more like they have the previous few weeks. 

The last time they played was 2020 in the playoff quarterfinals, when the Knights beat the Wildcats 15-14 on a late safety on a snap over the punters' head.

This should be an entertaining game. Listen to all the action at: 

7 minutes ago, Knights21 said:

That 2020 game is probably the best high school game I've ever seen.  Edge of your seat tension from start to finish.

That 2020 Tullahoma team was better than the 2021  state championship team. Always tough playing a team twice, and the Nolensville coaching staff had  a great game plan, to shut  down Tullahoma.

6 hours ago, SouthernTNguy said:

That 2020 Tullahoma team was better than the 2021  state championship team. Always tough playing a team twice, and the Nolensville coaching staff had  a great game plan, to shut  down Tullahoma.

The 2021 team was by far a better football team in terms of “team”. The 2020 team was certainly more athletic, but not better.  I also believe that offensive play calling  got better in 2021 due to choking against Nolensville in 2020.  

8 hours ago, hollowman said:

The 2021 team was by far a better football team in terms of “team”. The 2020 team was certainly more athletic, but not better.  I also believe that offensive play calling  got better in 2021 due to choking against Nolensville in 2020.  

The 2020 team definitely had a lot of talent.  I remember they basically crushed everyone in the regular season (including Nolensville for one half in the first game) and then found themselves in a dog fight in Game 2 with Nolensville.  Nolensville had already pulled out some tight games so they truly believed that could do it against Tullahoma.  Sometimes that's enough.