R3: East Robertson @ SC

SCHSAllHail

One thing that might help the ER running game this time around is the improved outside running game. The receiver blocking has gotten better and opened up the playbook for more tosses and jet motions, and not so dependent on runs up the middle. They’ve also been able to play off that and open up the passing game with some fakes and misdirections.

I’m going with ER and I don’t think it’s necessarily close. I've watched a couple games of each team and I'd have to go with ER by at least 2 scores. I think athletically SC will have a hard time matching up. Feel like ER is in better shape than Smith. I think SC has a hard time  to beat an athletic team. Last year that proved to be true when the playoffs rolled around and that  East team beat them real bad. ER can play with and beat anyone in 2A, especially SC. If Smith had an offense they would be real dangerous. In first matchup ER had penalties and 4 turnovers. Smith county couldn’t do anything on offense. East Rob should have boat raced smith co in my opinion. ER has the best 3 players on the field, and the size and attitude to go with it. ER drove on SC the last meeting but would shoot their self in the foot. Most of the game ER was running it down their throat. ER beat themself SC didnt beat them. Groves had over 150 yards rushing against smith last time. SC cant stop him.

2 minutes ago, GhostofFootballPast said:

I’m going with ER and I don’t think it’s necessarily close. I've watched a couple games of each team and I'd have to go with ER by at least 2 scores. I think athletically SC will have a hard time matching up. Feel like ER is in better shape than Smith. I think SC has a hard time  to beat an athletic team. Last year that proved to be true when the playoffs rolled around and that  East team beat them real bad. ER can play with and beat anyone in 2A, especially SC. If Smith had an offense they would be real dangerous. In first matchup ER had penalties and 4 turnovers. Smith county couldn’t do anything on offense. East Rob should have boat raced smith co in my opinion. ER has the best 3 players on the field, and the size and attitude to go with it. ER drove on SC the last meeting but would shoot their self in the foot. Most of the game ER was running it down their throat. ER beat themself SC didnt beat them. Groves had over 150 yards rushing against smith last time. SC cant stop him.

SC’s QB has improved since the first game but has ER’s.  These two freshmen will be two players for us to keep our eyes on going forward 

SC freshman QB has improved, but SC has not faced a pass rush like ER has. SC O-line will have a hard time handling ER athletes and size ER has the best athletes between the 2. If SC still had the QB who went to Beech they would have a better chance at beating ER, and SC would be the favorite to win gold in Chattanooga, but he’s not there anymore, so its ERs to lose.