Oakland @ Riverdale (Battle of the Boro Round 2)

highangle11

On 11/14/2023 at 10:00 AM, CaptainGuru said:

Riverdale Warriors will not mercy rule Oakland Patriots in this game. Just because Riverdale Warriors won the first game does not mean they will even win the second game much less mercy rule Oakland Patriots.  I do not care what he said. This will be a great game where neither team mercy rules the other team. It will not happen this game. I guarantee it. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

CG... you might wanna rethink how right you were....lol... hope you are well... happy thanksgiving to you and yours 

I give big respect to this Oakland team . It seems all year they have been made out to be less than years past by media and maybe some of own supporters. The 21-22 year with James , Patterson , & Horton went perfect 15-0. At this point James had 158 touches 1283 yards 22 Tds, Patterson 111 touches 801 yards 10 Tds. The 21-22 defense had allowed 172 points thus far , todays team 110 points. Isaiah Horton was big piece of 21-22 offense as well 860 yards 7 Tds. Horton definitely kept defenses honest with vertical threat. Morris has had 241 touches for 2216 yards 27 Tds. Jones 158 touches 1201 yards 19Tds. The production greater offensively this season vs 21-22 which gets me to the point , this years Oline/Dline have been under sold. Offensively the box has been loaded since week one and still had great production . My MVP is do it all TE/T/HB Duce Hewitt. Oakland as last week and this week plays teams with 3 or 4 kids list as top 50 prospects yet they have none. Bigs keep taking your lunch box mentality for next 2 weeks to work.

3 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

I give big respect to this Oakland team . It seems all year they have been made out to be less than years past by media and maybe some of own supporters. The 21-22 year with James , Patterson , & Horton went perfect 15-0. At this point James had 158 touches 1283 yards 22 Tds, Patterson 111 touches 801 yards 10 Tds. The 21-22 defense had allowed 172 points thus far , todays team 110 points. Isaiah Horton was big piece of 21-22 offense as well 860 yards 7 Tds. Horton definitely kept defenses honest with vertical threat. Morris has had 241 touches for 2216 yards 27 Tds. Jones 158 touches 1201 yards 19Tds. The production greater offensively this season vs 21-22 which gets me to the point , this years Oline/Dline have been under sold. Offensively the box has been loaded since week one and still had great production . My MVP is do it all TE/T/HB Duce Hewitt. Oakland as last week and this week plays teams with 3 or 4 kids list as top 50 prospects yet they have none. Bigs keep taking your lunch box mentality for next 2 weeks to work.

Without question the offensive/defensive lines are a huge part of their success and I'm not sure they ever receive enough credit, this season and past seasons included. Not a bad call on the MVP either, Hewitt certainly doesn't get the stats but it shouldn't be understated how important he is to the team. As you mentioned, he's used in a few different positions and can do a lot of different things for them. If he's not the most valuable he's certainly in the conversation

14 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

If you've listened to Creasy at all when given a interview this season, it's been a different tone than past years. Your right the numbers aren't that different and in some respects they lean favorably towards this team, but in past years they've been able to lean on their passing game when needed, if Oakland gets in that kind of situation Friday I'm not as confident as I've been in past years.

Riverdale was really the first time i felt they came out and played well in all 3 phases so the worry that this was a team capable of winning a gold ball was well founded. 21 also played an all timer of a schedule. They still got to win two more before they can make such comparisons,  if they can repeat last Friday,  they got a pretty good chance

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

CG... you might wanna rethink how right you were....lol... hope you are well... happy thanksgiving to you and yours 

I will admit I was surprised that Oakland Patriots mercy ruled Riverdale Warriors. I thought Oakland Patriots would win. I did not think Riverdale Warriors would get mercy ruled. I thought they were too good to let it happen. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

10 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

I will admit I was surprised that Oakland Patriots mercy ruled Riverdale Warriors. I thought Oakland Patriots would win. I did not think Riverdale Warriors would get mercy ruled. I thought they were too good to let it happen. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

CG,  you were not wrong, Riverdale was too good to get walloped like that. I Oaklands level of play was way better in the .second game, however Riverdale shot themselves in the foot almost every offensive series. I do expect BC to give Oakland a heckuva game and not see near the mental mistakes Riverdale had. i am not CG but I approve you reading this message