Where are the White Co Student fans?????????

warriorettemom

Where are all the students at the games? I know when I was in high school you couldn't hear the person sitting next to you because of the cheering. Now there is very few students there and the ones that are must think it is uncool to cheer because it is quite. I was at the Crossville and the Upperman games and the visting team fans out cheered us at both. What is going on?

Why should anyone cheer at the white county games,better yet why should anyone go. All they do is get beat by single A teams. I heard from my son that they were only 25 students in the senior section at the pep rally. They are nobody to cheer for, especially for the seniors. I think that Bruce Slatten is doing a great job. He seems to have the program on a steady rise. His record is flawless at white county. ;) Lets not hope that sparta gets rid of this perfect and low tempered coach. I read on this that coach Slatten has a record of getting a techncial. I disagree with that assumption :D

It bothered me that there were very few in the student section at the Upperman game. There usually isn't an empty seat to be found. When the boys players went down during the girls' game, it practically emptied out. Maybe the 18-degree weather outside had something to do with it. The gym as a whole was fairly empty. I hope people aren't giving up. Both teams need all the support they can get.

And for you ktown...If you can't say something intelligent, don't say anything at all. OK?

It seems that you are not very intelligent either, you think that sparta is a good team with a good coach. How stupid is that? Actions speak louder tham words and it seems that sparta's coach is getting them beat all the time. You said that it was the 18-decree weather the reason why the students didn't come out. ;) I dont think it is that cold in the gym. :D Most of the students that do come, could form a team and beat slatten's team

Ktown22, it seems that you keep knocking the boys team down, but the girls are undefeated, and the students could and should come out and support them, even if they feel that the Junior boys are the poorest talent and poorest playing team that Sparta has seen in several years. Oh by the way, please don't tell everyone that you think that the boys are awful (some people just love to spread negative gossip)-even though that is only your opinion- and there are still some good people that go and watch and listen to the games on the radio, like me, because I care for the boys and I see that they are really struggling with the coaching techniques of Coach Slatten. There is talent on that team, believe it or not, because when the right combination is in there for any length of time, they have beaten more than just single A schools as everyone keeps trying to point out. Just keep on putting them down and keep on telling everyone how bad they are and they will either believe you and stop coming all together or they will keep on rallying behind the team and hope that Coach Slatten comes to the point that he understands who works together and who doesn't. Remember, being constantly negative reflects back on the person who is negative, not the boys out there playing their hearts out.

You have said the most intelligent thing that I have seen on the sparta boards. It is the weakest team they have had in years. People shouldn't blame it all on the kids though, it is king haley you should blame. He got this nutty,loser coach in here, that has tore down the white county legacy. It seems that 85 warrior knows how it goes around in white county. Maybe an rivial like cookville will beat slatten so bad that he will move to another state. ;)

I think Sparta has a respectable team and a good coach. Yes I said it, I think Slatten is a good coach. He has just inherited a team in a rebuilding period. The team looks much better this year than they did last year. That's called improvement. I don't know how many games they will win this year like 85warrior does, though. I want to see them win more than last year. Will they? Only time will tell. A person's negativity reflects back on them and makes them look bad. I choose to look at the positives that I see. There might not be very many at times, but they are there if you're willing to look for them. Slatten is the coach, period. I will support him and his team as long as he is here. Haley made a bit of a good-ole-boy hire, but he was justified. How often can you hire a coach with a state championship on his resume that is from your own hometown? Not very often. If the situation hasn't changed in 3 or 4 years, maybe it will be time for a change. If a change gets made then, maybe you, 85warrior, Homerj, and anybody else that wants to can lead a parade for Slatten as he leaves town.

I'm going to look at it this way. If people don't come out to see the teams play, they don't know what they're missing.

Pink Panther...Don't get me wrong I am a HUGE White Co. bball fan. I go to lots of games{home and away}. Slatten does not need 3 or 4 years. I will give him next year and that would be it. He was 0-18 in his district befor he came to Sparta and then he didn't win and district game last year either and I don't see them winning a district game this year. We had 10 wins last year and unfortunately there is no way we will win more than that this year. There is one reason he has a state championship under his belt....HE HAD KIRK HASTON on his Class A team who went on to Indiana and did great for them. If it wasn't for Kirk he would have nothing.