2024 Oak Ridge Wildcats

SweetScience

3 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

You did, you did!! I’ll give you that. I just think you were enamored by him more than anything, definitely wasn’t because you liked OR. Ha

I just give credit where I think credit is due. Opinions are my own. I will say that too many people on here are just puppets for other folks

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I just give credit where I think credit is due. Opinions are my own. I will say that too many people on here are just puppets for other folks

I’m honestly just giving ya a hard time bud. You can pull for, hate on, or whatever you choose to do all you want. Free country after all. Not sure what you mean with the puppet comment.

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I’m honestly just giving ya a hard time bud. You can pull for, hate on, or whatever you choose to do all you want. Free country after all. Not sure what you mean with the puppet comment.

Not referring to you when I made that comment at all you are a fan of the school. Some posters only defend people because they are actually posting themselves or they are being told by the person they are defending what to say.

On 4/15/2024 at 2:19 PM, SweetScience said:

G-man, just let it be. You aren’t gonna win with The Sheriff & ILB. Neither one of them ever have anything good to say about the Wildcats. I’m sure they’re both good people in real life, but neither has much love at all for the OR. Anything slightly negative concerning OR, they run with it.

You act like I only have high expectations for OR.  I generally call out any shadiness I see.  It's not just y'all.  But, OR has more struggles than usual staying on the up and up the last few years.  

I think this upcoming team may be pretty good, they will definately be better up front and if they can replace Dozier, Heyward and Rembert, they can be real good. They have the same strange schedule, but this time with 5 straight home games. The road games at Jeff County, Powell will be tough to open up with and the back side at Bearden is the tough game there. 

One question I had if anyone knows: There has been some talk of an indoor practice facility in the past, with the new track area now more of a track area, that kind of leaves a need for a football practice area. Just sayin....

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

I think this upcoming team may be pretty good, they will definately be better up front and if they can replace Dozier, Heyward and Rembert, they can be real good. They have the same strange schedule, but this time with 5 straight home games. The road games at Jeff County, Powell will be tough to open up with and the back side at Bearden is the tough game there. 

One question I had if anyone knows: There has been some talk of an indoor practice facility in the past, with the new track area now more of a track area, that kind of leaves a need for a football practice area. Just sayin....

You will not be able to replace Dozier he was a stud and wasted for years.

Heyward started strong and then fell of but he will be missed still

Rembert could fly and was also underused. Not being replaced.

Track has started to close the gap with football. It does not help that the current AD is just stealing money(collecting his check) while the assistant AD is a XC/Track guy who always hated football. Current AD is too worried about not hurting anyone's feelings to do anything at all. Heck he is gotta be 70 plus and looks like a fool wearing kid shoes

Just now, SheriffofRedRock said:

Track has started to close the gap with football. It does not help that the current AD is just stealing money(collecting his check) while the assistant AD is a XC/Track guy who always hated football. Current AD is too worried about not hurting anyone's feelings to do anything at all. Heck he is gotta be 70 plus and looks like a fool wearing kid shoes

Also no shot at an indoor facility it took ya'll almost a decade just to turf blankenship

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Track has always been big at OR. Ran off about 7 straight titles in the 60s. Your hate for Gaddis runs deep, huh? What did he ever do to you, to make you disdain him that much? You can’t seem to stop talking about the guy. He’s living rent free in your head. Might wanna get that checked out, you don’t wanna go to the grave with that on your heart. Cummings, is that you? Lol

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2024 at 2:05 PM, SheriffofRedRock said:

Who is the assistant AD?

Edited by SweetScience

I think they will find a good back, maybe not a Dozier, but I think one that can do the job. Same way with the receivers. I think Coach Rang is an excellent judge of talent from what I have seen and he will put the best players on the field. 

As for the indoor facility, I hope there are plans down the road, I know in the new world of wide open recruiting, facilities matter. I was very glad to see the nice updates to the track facilities by the way, track has always been a big part of ORHS Athletics, as the poster said, going back to the track championships in the 50s and 60s, A lot of football players run track and it helps them become faster and quicker in the fall. 

On 4/19/2024 at 4:52 PM, SweetScience said:

Track has always been big at OR. Ran off about 7 straight titles in the 60s. Your hate for Gaddis runs deep, huh? What did he ever do to you, to make you disdain him that much? You can’t seem to stop talking about the guy. He’s living rent free in your head. Might wanna get that checked out, you don’t wanna go to the grave with that on your heart. Cummings, is that you? Lol

I mean thats typical OR people living in the past. Come on 60s? I wasn't even alive then.

No I am not cummings, don't know the guy at all. I just know how things work over there my circles overlap theirs in a lot of ways.