THE U TRAVELS TO GREENEVILLE. LETS GO

UCSportsFan

10 minutes ago, SouthFL305 said:

South Miami Cobras lmfao they are a punching bag for most Miami I’m talking about Columbus Miami Heritage. Gwen Cherry this types of teams. As far as being battle tested I think you are down playing a schedule of teams you see or faced. I mean this in the most polite way but just you saying they haven’t been battle tested doesn’t mean anything a team that plays ball plays ball no matter what you think there schedule is you prepare your team to face anyone or any team basically you’re saying that East TN is the most elite football in the state well it seems that is bull cause you haven’t played anyone over here to know what battle tests upperman has faced records don’t mean anything good luck Friday 

Let’s see. We played Springfield and Haywood in 2019 and 2020.  Beat them both for Gold Balls. Lost in double OT to Tullahoma in 2021 the week after beating the Bees. So we’ve played a few West teams. It’s not going to happen often for us when we’re located in the far eastern portion of the state. Way too far to travel. Region 3 is about our limit. Going to Rhea County was a haul in 2022. Would love to be able to schedule one of those West teams. It just gets old playing the same teams every season. Variety is a good thing. Logistically though, wouldn’t fly.

Edited by BigDaddyDave

5 hours ago, SouthFL305 said:

Upperman had 6A on there schedule this year. I think you’re on here just talking smack cause they faced a pretty decent schedule this season and beat both teams that hit them pretty hard last season blowing both of them out. This team isn’t the same team that lost last season and the season before they are legit they come to play ball. 

6a team with a losing record. What else?

Until Upperman upgrades it stadium, field and bleachers. No one wants to play us. Maybe in the future after that happens maybe we can get some teams to play us. This is really starting to feel like David vs Goliath thing lol. Best part is the game is played on the field and not on coacht. Greeneville has a storied program and play some very good teams. Upperman wants to get to that point. This is Upperman 3rd time in the semifinals in the last 6 years. So if you want to get over the hump and play for a state championship you have to beat Greeneville, Pearl Cohn or Haywood. I’m originally from west tenn. So I know what kind of program Haywood has about every year. Upperman may get the brakes beat off of them Friday night. They can also come home with a victory and play December 2 for a state title. We will know Friday night. 

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Let’s see. We played Springfield and Haywood in 2019 and 2020.  Beat them both for Gold Balls. Lost in double OT to Tullahoma in 2021 the week after beating the Bees. So we’ve played a few West teams. It’s not going to happen often for us when we’re located in the far eastern portion of the state. Way too far to travel. Region 3 is about our limit. Going to Rhea County was a haul in 2022. Would love to be able to schedule one of those West teams. It just gets old playing the same teams every season. Variety is a good thing. Logistically though, wouldn’t fly.

According to these Greenville peeps they say the best football and battle tested teams are all from East TN central and west TN aren’t on there level

3 hours ago, SouthFL305 said:

According to these Greenville peeps they say the best football and battle tested teams are all from East TN central and west TN aren’t on there level

State Championship 

2017-Greeneville 15-0 (East) 54-14 over Springfield 

2018-Greeneville 15-0 (East) 56-21 over Haywood

2019-Elizabethton 15-0 (East) 30-6 over Springfield (Springfield crossed the 50 1 time)

2020-Elizabethton 15-0 (East) 41-14 over Haywood 

2021-Tullahoma 15-0 (West) 21-14 over Elizabethton (2 OT) (7-7 end of regulation)

2022-Anderson County 15-0 (East) 34-30 over Pearl Cohn

in 4A….up till now….yes. Maybe PC will have something to say about it this season.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Volsfan52 said:

Until Upperman upgrades it stadium, field and bleachers. No one wants to play us. Maybe in the future after that happens maybe we can get some teams to play us. This is really starting to feel like David vs Goliath thing lol. Best part is the game is played on the field and not on coacht. Greeneville has a storied program and play some very good teams. Upperman wants to get to that point. This is Upperman 3rd time in the semifinals in the last 6 years. So if you want to get over the hump and play for a state championship you have to beat Greeneville, Pearl Cohn or Haywood. I’m originally from west tenn. So I know what kind of program Haywood has about every year. Upperman may get the brakes beat off of them Friday night. They can also come home with a victory and play December 2 for a state title. We will know Friday night. 

Don’t fret! Betsy went 0-6 in quarterfinals before breaking through. It’s frustrating. But when you get it, it’s wonderful! Until you don’t get it. And it’s frustrating again! And YES! Give them boys a new stadium! The field house could be called the Hive. The end zones can be honeycombed with alternating colors. The student section can be called the Swarm. Tons of possibilities here!

Edited by BigDaddyDave

13 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

It’s always Elizabethton, Greeneville or Anderson County from Quad 1. And it’s never an easy game. Each  Battle tested for sure. They all have to play 5A & 6A teams because other 4A teams will not schedule them. Heck, some upper classes won’t either. When you talk about dominant football programs in Region 1, Elizabethton and Greeneville are tops. And that’s with huge 6A schools like Science Hill and Dobyns Bennett in the mix. They can’t hang with us. I’d like to see Upperman schedule more 5A and 6A opponents and ditch the 2A and 3A teams from the past. They played two 2A schools and one 6A. That will get you wins and look good on the stats but doesn’t prepare you for the playoffs. My daughters boyfriend would have been a senior this season at Upperman if his family hadn’t had to move to Elizabethton. So I’ve had my eyes on them since before we played them in 2021. They are strong and have a solid program. It’s time for the administration to stop playing around and get rid of that crappy stadium and field and build one for a winning program. I think those young men have done good and NOW is the time to take it to the next level. Good luck to both teams. I will be at this game with the aforementioned boyfriend, so he can maybe visit his friends. He’s got a couple of rings (one gold and one silver) so maybe they can get a shot at one too?!

It will be a tall task to beat Greeneville at home. Upperman wont be intimidated but will they have enough athletes on the field to win?  I still say one year away from the State title game but would take it a year early if it came. 

• Like 1