Semifinals - West vs Walker Valley

WestHigh4Life

12 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

After watching West dismantle Powell, I’ve got to go with the Rebels. Walker Valley at 11-2 is a good team, but I think West probably has too many athletes. West 28-10

This is a very good prediction. Walker Mustangs are a good team, but they are not as good as West Rebels. West Rebels will not lose this game. It will not happen. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

5 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I will predict a pick six for the weak link.  Go Rebs!

Possibly. I assume WV is going to air it out and try for big plays, as it’s probably their only shot at winning. Their QB has had a phenomenal season and is playing his best ball the last 4 games. Think he’s thrown 2 picks all year and both of those were tipped balls. OL needs to have a great game. 

3 minutes ago, Lberry said:

Possibly. I assume WV is going to air it out and try for big plays, as it’s probably their only shot at winning. Their QB has had a phenomenal season and is playing his best ball the last 4 games. Think he’s thrown 2 picks all year and both of those were tipped balls. OL needs to have a great game. 

He is playing really well, but still I will go out on a limb and say he will leave Sutherland Ave. with more than 2 picks on the season.  The West pass rush is relentless and they force a lot of errant throws.  

Edited by oridgecat

fandom, do you remember posting this?

"Clinton wins this in a tight one. West struggled to get out of their on way on Sat. Not sure that can be fixed in a weeks time. The Dragon’s put some points on the board and I expect more of the same this week."

Oops! That one didn't age well.  West had 3 picks in the game and were up 24-0 after 4 offensive plays.  

Just curious, who is your team?  

Edited by oridgecat
  • Upvote 1

On 11/18/2023 at 6:43 AM, Whs1984 said:

Don't know much about Walker valley other than they stomped a mud hole in Cleveland but going with West after their performance last night 

Cleveland had over a 100yds in penalties alone in the 1st half. Walker Valleys avg starts on drives were either in Cleveland territory or on their own 40-45 yd line. Not taking anything away from them. They (WV) have relied on their defense throughout the regular season. But during the playoffs it seems to be the other way around? They will throw the ball around 80% of the time and that's lowballing. The QB is a dual threat. Nobody really spectacular that can "WOW" you with breakaway speed. Just some blue-collar type of kids that are pretty resilient. Hope that answers your question(s)?