Bearden Basketball

JournalEntry

58 minutes ago, OneEyedKing said:

sorry bud. I dont know as much about bhs basketball as the other folks in this thred. Im just goingby the article I read earlier. just trying to give cjp the benefit of the doubt since hes only been coaching the big boys for 6 or 7 years. didnt count those early Cherokee years. Would say that apples to organs. Didnt mean to offend

Yea beating DB, Greeneville, or Science Hill doesn’t count but beating Heritage and William Blount do for Blevins. You may want to check the teams Bearden has played in the last 7 years 

2 hours ago, KnoxBBall1993 said:

Yea beating DB, Greeneville, or Science Hill doesn’t count but beating Heritage and William Blount do for Blevins. You may want to check the teams Bearden has played in the last 7 years 

I’m fairly in tune with the schedule the past seven years. I’ve followed them rather closely. I also think it may be worthwhile for you to take a look at JP’s record against William Blount the last two times they’ve faced off. Dawgs are as solid as can be most of the time but find themselves slipping up in crucial times. I expect this to improve as he gains more time coaching in these type of games.

1 hour ago, JournalEntry said:

I’m fairly in tune with the schedule the past seven years. I’ve followed them rather closely. I also think it may be worthwhile for you to take a look at JP’s record against William Blount the last two times they’ve faced off. Dawgs are as solid as can be most of the time but find themselves slipping up in crucial times. I expect this to improve as he gains more time coaching in these type of games. That’s good info. Thanks for that journal. Keep working dawgs.

23 minutes ago, OneEyedKing said:
1 hour ago, JournalEntry said:

I’m fairly in tune with the schedule the past seven years. I’ve followed them rather closely. I also think it may be worthwhile for you to take a look at JP’s record against William Blount the last two times they’ve faced off. Dawgs are as solid as can be most of the time but find themselves slipping up in crucial times. I expect this to improve as he gains more time coaching in these type of games. That’s good info. Thanks for that journal. Keep working dawgs.

Speaking of experience, someone needs to learn how to use the quote feature.

• Thanks 1

Big district game Friday vs West. West coming off a 3 game win streak with most previous win against D-B. I bet that makes JP jealous knowing West got the chance to beat down D-B. I hope he can circle the wagons after that crushing defeat against Fulton. Just never really felt like we were in it. CJW teams will make you feel that way, historically. Just a great coach.

10 hours ago, JournalEntry said:

Big district game Friday vs West. West coming off a 3 game win streak with most previous win against D-B. I bet that makes JP jealous knowing West got the chance to beat down D-B. I hope he can circle the wagons after that crushing defeat against Fulton. Just never really felt like we were in it. CJW teams will make you feel that way, historically. Just a great coach.

where is the game on Friday im coming into do early Christmas with the sister and nieces and nephews. would love to catch some high school bball action with football over with. Looks like two good teams about to square off.

58 minutes ago, OneEyedKing said:

how can that be? how can a school like william blount beat a school like bearden. with the talent pool that bearden has, i just Don't understand. Im not arguing. I just don't get that. 

Blount has the best "1-2 combination" in East Tennessee, not just in their district.  If they do manage to beat Bearden this year, that will be one of the big reasons.