Barney's Favorites for Week 4 of the State Playoff Games

BarneySox2007

5 hours ago, alt1958b said:

Believe it or not I was not surprised about the level of line play by Oakland. was a bit surprised Boo did not get loose a time or two for big gains at least. But how much of the passing game was affected by the pass rush on the QB and double teams on Boo? Knew this game would turn on the LOS and not the skill players.

No matter what It was a joy and great fun to watch my Bears this year. and saw a number of records set.

5 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Barney,

Since the championship games start Thursday- will ur predictions be given Wednesday or Thursday morning before 11?

5 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Barney,

Since the championship games start Thursday- will ur predictions be given Wednesday or Thursday morning before 11?

Wednesday most likely.

• Like 1

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, alt1958b said:

Believe it or not I was not surprised about the level of line play by Oakland. was a bit surprised Boo did not get loose a time or two for big gains at least. But how much of the passing game was affected by the pass rush on the QB and double teams on Boo? Knew this game would turn on the LOS and not the skill players.

No matter what It was a joy and great fun to watch my Bears this year. and saw a number of records set.

I've never seen a team that can come up with linemen like Oakland that look like college players. Now at least another team knows what we have been dealing with the past ten years. When Maryville played Bradley our biggest strenth was our offensive line and what a 14 year old ninth grader playing QB had the run of the field and why Oakland was so hard to stop. Maryville's problem is no athletes that can stop anyone after they break free like the 98 yard kickoff return. I really thought if they can hang on when it was 17-17 they might pull it off but it wasn't in the cards.

22 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I've never seen a team that can come up with linemen like Oakland that look like college players. Now at least another team knows what we have been dealing with the past ten years. When Maryville played Bradley our biggest strenth was our offensive line and what a 14 year old ninth grader playing QB had the run of the field and why Oakland was so hard to stop. Maryville's problem is no athletes that can stop anyone after they break free like the 98 yard kickoff return. I really thought if they can hang on when it was 17-17 they might pull it off but it wasn't in the cards.

I was pleasantly surprised to tie the game up. At the very least you have to credit Bradley for the fight. and the fact that Bradley put more points on the board than all but two in Tennessee against Oakland so far. Guess we did something right along the way. :wink:

I am still proud of the Bears and the season they had. In fact, I am proud of all 3 of our teams.

Bradley ends up 13-1, and in the Semi's, and put up a battle against a great team. Some may try to say the Bears overachieved but me, not so much. Played in the 14th game for the first time.

Walker Valley has the winningest season in history, going 11-3 and also reaching the Semi's. Yeah, they may have overachieved a smidgen, but they did have a good team as well.

I really don't know the answer but am wondering how many other communities (the metros I know have) similar in size have accomplished this feat; remember Cleveland also made it in the playoffs and at the Class 5 and 6 level. (man, can you imagine if we had played Cleveland in the Quarter Finals).

Cleveland ended up 6-5 on the season bowing out in the first round. This with a first-year coach and staff. Quite a good year there as well.

By my count Bradley County / Cleveland teams finished with a regular season record of 23-7 and a final record of 29-9. (think my math is correct)

That equates to a final winning percentage of 76% for our community and the best win/loss record.

But, that is the second-best season for our community in history by winning percentage.

The best was 1976 when Bradley went 13-0, Cleveland 9-3, and Charleston 7-4 for an aggregate of 29-7 and an 80% winning record. (Bradley won the Championship, Cleveland lost to Maryville in round 2, and Charleston lost in the first round, both of them to the eventual State Champions and only 3 rounds of play and 3 classifications).

Yeah, a bit of bragging maybe, but it was a great season for all our teams. And unlike many I root for all local teams to do well. I just want Bradley at the top of the heap here. :D

Edited by alt1958b