J Alan terry playing for Bradley 2024

Bradleysports23

J' Allen is a very good player, but not Boo.  J'Allen is a threat to take it the distance anytime, but at this point he is also not a Jackson Wilson, who got the short yards in the middle.

But next year he will be a mainstay no doubt, but will he do what Boo did? We shall see but that would be a huge set of shoes to fill.

"Boo Carter, (5-foot-11, 180-pounds) put together 1,795 all-purpose yards for an average of 128.2 yards per game. The University of Tennessee commit pulled in 78 passes for 1,145 yards and a program record 16 TD receptions. He also had 42 rushes for another 262 yards and seven scores. Carter set new program records with a 94-yard punt return, plus a 98-yard kickoff return for scores. He also had a 75-yard scoring dash on another punt in his 407 return yards. On defense, the strong safety was in on 89 takedowns, including 44 solo tackles, with 5.5 for loss, a QB sack, a pair of interceptions and three pass break ups."

Info from an article by Joe Cannon, Cleveland Daily Banner.

22 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

J' Allen is a very good player, but not Boo.  J'Allen is a threat to take it the distance anytime, but at this point he is also not a Jackson Wilson, who got the short yards in the middle.

But next year he will be a mainstay no doubt, but will he do what Boo did? We shall see but that would be a huge set of shoes to fill.

I think you summed it up perfectly. Who do they have coming up to take Wilson’s spot? That kid played hard, really respected his game. Glad I don’t have to watch Walker Valley (or Ocoee back in the middle school days) go against him anymore. 

17 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Bradley needs linemen, that's why Oakland ran all over them, even Maryville and Bearden racked up yardage because they had linemen.

I agree and that has been an issue here for a long time. We simply don't have the linemen of that stature year in and year out. Not a dig at our previous or current players, because the play hard and do a good job overall.  but they simply don't have the builds of the lines that the top teams have. And that makes it tough.

6 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

I agree and that has been an issue here for a long time. We simply don't have the linemen of that stature year in and year out. Not a dig at our previous or current players, because the play hard and do a good job overall.  but they simply don't have the builds of the lines that the top teams have. And that makes it tough.

The size of those lines in the game last night and the McCallie game says it all. Oakland has repeatedly come up with lines every year we have played them. This new team Houston was one of the very first teams I've seen that made Oakland look small. They controlled that game up front.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lberry said:

I think you summed it up perfectly. Who do they have coming up to take Wilson’s spot? That kid played hard, really respected his game. Glad I don’t have to watch Walker Valley (or Ocoee back in the middle school days) go against him anymore. 

That knee injury that cost Wilson his Jr year was tough. Always loved his fight and the way he played. He ran bigger than his 180 lbs, and had more speed than most credited him for. I have heard a number of terms to describe it, but my favorite term has always been "football speed".

Terry's ankle injury probably bothered him all season long. But for him to be successful at RB he will need a stronger line in front of him. Get him in the open, then lookout.

Edited by alt1958b

4 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The size of those lines in the game last night and the McCallie game says it all. Oakland has repeatedly come up with lines every year we have played them. This new team Houston was one of the very first teams I've seen that made Oakland look small. They controlled that game up front.

I drive all my friends nuts, because I don't look at the skill players first. I would go the preseason stuff at Finley every year and people would say why? They are not going to show anything. I would tell them I go to watch the line play and the execution. You can tell a lot about how a team will be from those two things.

I was pleasantly surprised our lines actually did well against Bearden, Farragut and Maryville; much better than I expected. Granted, i don't think either Farragut or Maryville was as good as usual either. Bearden looked about the same, but I think our overall team speed played a huge factor there.

I think Bradley’s really good defense is going to be the factor next year. They’re losing a huge portion of their offense but will still have cook and terry and whoever else they may or may not get transferred lol however the defense, still have zayne, and Wiley suchawicz.. also Bradley has a monster JV… so some of those guys will be moving up and ready to go. Should be another great season…