Mr Football Awards

ttitan27

Congratulations to Orlando "Boo" Carter. As best as I can tell the first Mr. Football for Bradley Central. A very deserved award. It has been quite a year watching him play.

"Boo Carter, (5-foot-11, 180-pounds) put together 1,795 all-purpose yards for an average of 128.2 yards per game. The University of Tennessee commit pulled in 78 passes for 1,145 yards and a program record 16 TD receptions. He also had 42 rushes for another 262 yards and seven scores. Carter set new program records with a 94-yard punt return, plus a 98-yard kickoff return for scores. He also had a 75-yard scoring dash on another punt in his 407 return yards. On defense, the strong safety was in on 89 takedowns, including 44 solo tackles, with 5.5 for loss, a QB sack, a pair of interceptions and three pass break ups."

Info from an article by Joe Cannon, Cleveland Daily Banner.

Austin Sanders won the Lineman of the Year award in 2012.

Edited by alt1958b

3 minutes ago, watermaker said:

More travisty......Boo Carter wins 6-A Mr. Football when Duane Morris clearly dominates him and Bradin Graham in the playoffs this year. Add in stats from all three for the regular season and it's pretty clear politics have entered the world of high school football !

I got no problem with Boo Carter winning Mr. Football, he was a great player on BOTH sides of the ball. Also, playoffs aren't factored in when voting for Mr. Football

42 minutes ago, watermaker said:

More travisty......Boo Carter wins 6-A Mr. Football when Duane Morris clearly dominates him and Bradin Graham in the playoffs this year. Add in stats from all three for the regular season and it's pretty clear politics have entered the world of high school football !

38 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I got no problem with Boo Carter winning Mr. Football, he was a great player on BOTH sides of the ball. Also, playoffs aren't factored in when voting for Mr. Football

Both sides of the ball and special teams.  He played WR (all 4 wideout locations) RB some, then on defense strong safety, and returned kicks and punts (when the other team was crazy enough to kick to him; I thought it was the highest compliment by the opposing coaches for kicking short and out of bounds to avoid him).

I didn't see Morris play anywhere but RB and QB although I suspect he can play anywhere. But in a competition such as this boo should have won based on all he did.

And something few knew was that he and Morris are cousins. He was asked by our announcer on a players show if he knew him and Boo said yes, they were cousins and he had played with him and against him many times.

12 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

Both sides of the ball and special teams.  He played WR (all 4 wideout locations) RB some, then on defense strong safety, and returned kicks and punts (when the other team was crazy enough to kick to him; I thought it was the highest compliment by the opposing coaches for kicking short and out of bounds to avoid him).

I didn't see Morris play anywhere but RB and QB although I suspect he can play anywhere. But in a competition such as this boo should have won based on all he did.

And something few knew was that he and Morris are cousins. He was asked by our announcer on a players show if he knew him and Boo said yes, they were cousins and he had played with him and against him many times.

Morris led the team in receiving yards as well, but yes Boo was all over the field