Mr Football Awards

ttitan27

27 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

Would not be surprised if he is anywhere near as athletic as Boo

I haven't seen Boo nearly as often as you have, I think both are incredibly athletic but big difference in running style. Boo has alot of Reggie Bush in his game, bobbing and weaving across the field for a big gain. Morris is more of a 1 cut runner and he's off to the races. . Pretty incredible set of athletes whose skills I believe translate well to the next level 

16 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I haven't seen Boo nearly as often as you have, I think both are incredibly athletic but big difference in running style. Boo has alot of Reggie Bush in his game, bobbing and weaving across the field for a big gain. Morris is more of a 1 cut runner and he's off to the races. . Pretty incredible set of athletes whose skills I believe translate well to the next level 

The thing that truly impressed me was Boo's vision... the ability to find the openings that let him exploit his speed.

And yes, the next level will be a great test for both.

On 12/5/2023 at 8:32 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Morris has a MASSIVE offensive line to protect him… he uses them for his openings to get yards which is the right thing to do… however… Boo solos the whole other team… he didn’t really  have a huge line to protect him… hence why he was having to fake out and hit so many people because they were all over him just couldn’t do anything with him. May be a different story for morris if it was him vs 6/7 players at a time like it was for boo… just watch his highlights. He was juking and faking and hitting sometimes 6-8 guys a play.. dragging 2 at a time across the inzone. Morris has the line that gets him openings…. Boo makes his own openings by moving…huge difference and that’s not me being favoritism I’m just saying I’ve watched both of them all year…. Boo is a different animal than morris with WAY less carrying than morris and almost the same yardage .… but morris has another year so we will see..

13 hours ago, Bradleysports23 said:

Morris has a MASSIVE offensive line to protect him… he uses them for his openings to get yards which is the right thing to do… however… Boo solos the whole other team… he didn’t really  have a huge line to protect him… hence why he was having to fake out and hit so many people because they were all over him just couldn’t do anything with him. May be a different story for morris if it was him vs 6/7 players at a time like it was for boo… just watch his highlights. He was juking and faking and hitting sometimes 6-8 guys a play.. dragging 2 at a time across the inzone. Morris has the line that gets him openings…. Boo makes his own openings by moving…huge difference and that’s not me being favoritism I’m just saying I’ve watched both of them all year…. Boo is a different animal than morris with WAY less carrying than morris and almost the same yardage .… but morris has another year so we will see..

Hate to break it to ya but football is a team game. Morris had over 500 yards receiving so yeah your favoritism is showing, Boo got the ball in the open field more than Morris. They are both great players,  they just have different ways of getting their big plays

53 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Hate to break it to ya but football is a team game. Morris had over 500 yards receiving so yeah your favoritism is showing, Boo got the ball in the open field more than Morris. They are both great players,  they just have different ways of getting their big plays

Hey I’m taking nothing away from Morris he’s a very talented player. D1 player all day long he’s just more of a run through the holes type of player. Boo had 911 receiving yards off of 55 catches… that’s 16.5 yards per catch.. that’s unmatched… now that’s according to what I just pulled up. “Boo Carter me football receiving yards” I think what seperated boo is his aggression… he will absolutely hit head on and keep on trucking… he gave maryvilles whole team more than they could handle and the he put the nitrous on bearden.. one play 8 players touched him but couldn’t get him down.. that one is on YouTube.. may have been the maryville game but he is so dang aggressive and fights for yardage so well it’s hard to get him down… I don’t see that fight in Morris.. again morris is a monster athelete but I don’t thing he has that extra fighting for yards that boo has. Hence why Oakland shut him down.. their whole team was directed at stopping him and they done it well… kid only got 26 yards… and on the ONE kick thy they allowed him to get he got to the 50 from the inzone.. had they kicked it in the field everytime he would have easily had 200 yards in kick returns that game. I honestly think if he keeps his head in the game and puts on some weight we will see this young man in the draft.. that’s a long way away but he absolutely has the potential to go to the big league.Jordan  James and boo Carter are very very similar in n the way they are gifted