2024 5A Season

FootballismyVice

26 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Where has froshpop, bonkers, & catswild been?

Freshpoop son probably graduated so he gone.  Bonkers quit posting when he resigned from coaching OR, catswild is still out looking for some linemen and some team speed.  

4 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Haha. “Mr. Breakaway speed” himself.

yeah that's what I meant "breakaway speed".  Haw!  I still dearly miss Bladerunner/RunswithKnife.  Remember that day you and him got into it and yall were posting pictures of Howdy Doodie and that guy in the sweatpants in the basement.  Oh, that still cracks me up.  I wish we could go back and find that thread. It's an all time classic!

Edited by oridgecat

4 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

yeah that's what I meant "breakaway speed".  Haw!  I still dearly miss Bladerunner/RunswithKnife.  Remember that day you and him got into it and yall were posting pictures of Howdy Doodie and that guy in the sweatpants in the basement.  Oh, that still cracks me up.  I wish we could go back and find that thread. It's an all time classic!

Haha. Yeah, will never forget it. BR/RWK was a trip. He was a pain in the #### but made the board interesting. I remember when he challenged Greyrider (Maryville poster) to a 40 yard dash in the parking lot of Full Service BBQ in Maryville. Hilarious.

Edited by SweetScience

7 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

How are pops and the boy doing, BTW? Youngin should be about to graduate, right? Hard to believe. Tell pops I said hello for me.

On 2/9/2024 at 9:13 AM, SheriffofRedRock said:

Maybe grades but the bad record should not hurt if you're talented, which those three were. I mean 13 had legit D1 P5 offers before the new HC came in. My bet is HC and the ad are not pushing these kids to recruiters.

When did 9-3 become a bad or even mediocre record anyway? Tough crowd.

Edited by SweetScience

On 2/9/2024 at 2:53 PM, SweetScience said:

How are pops and the boy doing, BTW? Youngin should be about to graduate, right? Hard to believe. Tell pops I said hello for me.

thanks for asking, dad is doing good, not real mobile but happy and relatively healthy.  And yeah, the boy is a junior now, doing great, hard to believe.  

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 5:59 PM, SweetScience said:

When did 9-3 become a bad or even mediocre record anyway? Tough crowd.

I mean you gotta look at the schedule though Rang beat three good teams in my opinion. Jeff Co, Powell, and LC. LC was only down by 2 at the beginning of the 4th until the HC finally started to give it to dozier more. Partin beat clinton the first time because he gave it to dozier 40+ times. With the best RB in 5A and two great athletes that were also all state I would just say it was a down year given the talent at hand. That same talent I have been telling you that should be doing better than UVA and uncommited

13 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I mean you gotta look at the schedule though Rang beat three good teams in my opinion. Jeff Co, Powell, and LC. LC was only down by 2 at the beginning of the 4th until the HC finally started to give it to dozier more. Partin beat clinton the first time because he gave it to dozier 40+ times. With the best RB in 5A and two great athletes that were also all state I would just say it was a down year given the talent at hand. That same talent I have been telling you that should be doing better than UVA and uncommited

Went to Farragut, and handed it to em. Even though they weren’t as good as normal, they have been an Achilles heel on our schedule for 15 years or so. Gave them their worst defeat by far. Were tied with Bearden late in the fourth, who I thought was a very good team, and besides BC put more points on their defense than anybody else. Keep things in perspective here. It was our third coach in as many seasons. I think he did about as good as you can expect for a first year coach under those circumstances. Give the guy credit. I don’t care how much talent you think he had, that’s not an easy situation. Cummings went 7-6 with basically the same guys, except for the QB.

Edited by SweetScience