Warren Girls Dumpster Fire

Tripdub14

Finally got a chance to see the Warren girls play last night, and had heard about all of the drama in the program with the new coach, and boy is she out of her element. No adjustments, no strategy and let Dekalb hit 10 or 12 threes before pulling out of a 2-3 zone. After switching to man it didn’t get much better.. complete breakdown in fundamentals and it starts at the top.

I’ve never seen anything quite like it, she probably played 12 kids last night for spurts, killing momentum multiple times. At one point she subbed out her big who had 7 straight points, and subbed her back in way later killing her rhythm. She did this multiple times, after kids would hit a big shot or be in a groove they would sit. There is no offensive scheme that I seen, they just recklessly drive up the court and outside of a couple players, they seem completely lost on offense and defense. 

They will be lucky to win 5 games this year and that’s being generous. Also heard the director of schools is intervening due to the enormous amount of complaints coming in from the players and their families. Couple that with the suspicious dismissal of the Winfree girl, I dont see how Stotts makes it out of her first year as a high school coach.

Hard to believe that a 20+ win team can fall this far in a matter of months. They lost a lot of kids last year, but had decent talent this year coming back and from the feeder schools. I know the hiring of Stotts also was shrouded in drama.. Warren messed this one up like they always seem to do.

4 hours ago, Tripdub14 said:

Finally got a chance to see the Warren girls play last night, and had heard about all of the drama in the program with the new coach, and boy is she out of her element. No adjustments, no strategy and let Dekalb hit 10 or 12 threes before pulling out of a 2-3 zone. After switching to man it didn’t get much better.. complete breakdown in fundamentals and it starts at the top.

I’ve never seen anything quite like it, she probably played 12 kids last night for spurts, killing momentum multiple times. At one point she subbed out her big who had 7 straight points, and subbed her back in way later killing her rhythm. She did this multiple times, after kids would hit a big shot or be in a groove they would sit. There is no offensive scheme that I seen, they just recklessly drive up the court and outside of a couple players, they seem completely lost on offense and defense. 

They will be lucky to win 5 games this year and that’s being generous. Also heard the director of schools is intervening due to the enormous amount of complaints coming in from the players and their families. Couple that with the suspicious dismissal of the Winfree girl, I dont see how Stotts makes it out of her first year as a high school coach.

Hard to believe that a 20+ win team can fall this far in a matter of months. They lost a lot of kids last year, but had decent talent this year coming back and from the feeder schools. I know the hiring of Stotts also was shrouded in drama.. Warren messed this one up like they always seem to do.

Did she not develop all the young talent?  What direction should they go in if they move on after one year of the current coach?  If I’m not mistaken, didn’t the old coach leave the program knowing they were going to struggle for a few years?  They should be happy to have someone who wants to be there and wants the job, just my opinion.  They aren’t going to be better than Coffee County or Lincoln County anytime soon.

1 hour ago, BDURHAM said:

My Story about Sable Winfree being dismissed from the WCHS team:

https://bdnewsletter.news/2023/11/17/grounds-for-investigation-and-suspension/

My interview with Sable Winfree:

https://bdnewsletter.news/2023/12/01/a-new-interview-with-sable-winfree/

In hindsight she should have gone to White County.  This is a lot of Middle School small town political drama being put out in a newspaper article and it just does not make a lot of sense to air all the dirty laundry.  All I can think about is all those applicants who are probably counting their blessings on not taking the job in Warren County last Spring.  

• Thanks 1