Jeff Miner steps down at HVA

JournalEntry

2 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I would agree that OR underachieved this year for sure with three all state athletes one of them being a stud RB. He was the best since Gulmire.

Rang just wanted to throw it to much to prove himself a great offensive guy and it bit him in the ####. Partin gave it to him 40 plus times and look at the result.

Facts.  HVA will probably go 2-8 at best and nobody cares.  who is your team RiverRat? Let me guess, you're just a fan of high school football.  

On 2/22/2024 at 9:12 AM, RiverRat95 said:

OR is a MUCH better program than HVA. No one debates that. But OR underachieves every year and HVA don’t have far to go to overachieve. Those a just facts. 

How has OR won  7 or  8 state titles if OR underachieves every year? How's that work?

1 hour ago, ipb7 said:

How has OR won  7 or  8 state titles if OR underachieves every year? How's that work?

Well unfortunately he's right.  Those titles are from 58'-91'.  In my opinion, OR has let  several golden opportunities slip through their fingers since '91.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Only one I can think of is '05

21 played Summitt in the championship, in my opinion we should have won that game, but honestly we laid an egg that night.  How can you have Tee Higgins for 4 years and not win a thing?  There has just been a ton of talent come through over the years with nothing to show for.   

7 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

21 played Summitt in the championship, in my opinion we should have won that game, but honestly we laid an egg that night.  How can you have Tee Higgins for 4 years and not win a thing?  There has just been a ton of talent come through over the years with nothing to show for.   

Summit had two D1 P5 kids playing QB and RB/OLB hard to beat that. I think they took them to state the year before and got beat by central. Then took them again in 6A and got beat by Oakland

HIggins was great for sure, but a wise man once told me its hard to win when your best player is at WR. Hard to get him the ball. Another wasted talent to me. He should've played QB he touches the ball every play then. Missed opprotunity by Gaddis for sure