Where does DCA go?

Playerscoach

1 minute ago, Playerscoach said:

Absolutely and so did every person in the selection process from what it appears? 

The deed has been done.  I will have to trust you.  Hopefully he and his staff will aid the young men in their mental, moral and social development for life.  Good luck to DCA.  I still hold this institution in high regard.

9 minutes ago, ocac said:

I hope I am wrong.  Give us your thoughts.

CJP was considered by coaches, including Wade, to be a very good offensive coach and that’s big nowadays. He also has worked in the public school system and can speak with prospective family’s and their child(ren). He’s worked at a school with 1,600 students and raised money for his program. There’s staff continuity with his brother being the QB coach the last few years helping create a preseason Mr Football candidate (3,000 yp and 30 TDs). He knows the community well as well as the alums. His father was one of the most well respected men to ever work at DCA which will create good will for CJP. CJP took HC jobs as a young man that nobody wanted to try and help those programs which shows he’s not afraid to work hard. Parents who know football and Jay have contacted me today from other D2 programs wanting to take a look at DCA now. 

As probably the guy with the most history and experience as the son of a former coach there, a player, alum, coach, and parent of three alums I believe in coach Pierce and am comfortable in saying that he will be very successful there. 

30 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

To be honest with you nobody gives a #### what you think. You went out of your way to be mean spirited in your comments which makes you an enormous dbag. Maybe you’ll post your name so we can see all see it? You could have just left it with you disagreed but you went too far. 

I’ve had calls from alums all day that are happy Coach Pierce got the job since he took two coaching jobs early that nobody else wanted to try and help the programs. Nobody wins at either one of those unless they have a 4 star tailback show up.  Coach Wade has privately talked about how good of a coach CJP is and now publicly done it. Ironically, the final two in the selection process had either worked with Coach Wade or had been pursued by him for his staff. Take a guess who he endorsed? 

CJP knows the school, the community, and so does his family. He will do well there and from what I’ve heard already the kids are excited too. Since I’ve been there since the field was built I can tell you to sit this one out, turn in your alumni card, and don’t come around the program when they win another gold ball. Deal? 

You mad

15 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

CJP was considered by coaches, including Wade, to be a very good offensive coach and that’s big nowadays. He also has worked in the public school system and can speak with prospective family’s and their child(ren). He’s worked at a school with 1,600 students and raised money for his program. There’s staff continuity with his brother being the QB coach the last few years helping create a preseason Mr Football candidate (3,000 yp and 30 TDs). He knows the community well as well as the alums. His father was one of the most well respected men to ever work at DCA which will create good will for CJP. CJP took HC jobs as a young man that nobody wanted to try and help those programs which shows he’s not afraid to work hard. Parents who know football and Jay have contacted me today from other D2 programs wanting to take a look at DCA now. 

As probably the guy with the most history and experience as the son of a former coach there, a player, alum, coach, and parent of three alums I believe in coach Pierce and am comfortable in saying that he will be very successful there. 

I need to add that you are wrong as well. Wrong about East Robertson job.  That is a job that a lot of coaches want or wanted.  About 10 years ago, I took my team AAA team to Cross Plains and scrimmaged them.  I could not help but think what it would be like to coach a team with the kids they had at the Single A level, against the schedule they had. That was also before Robertson County did a little rezoning to help Jo Byrns out and they got every kid in Cross Plains.  It was ridiculous.  

Playerscoach - I appreciate the response. You  are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. And like I mentioned before, I’ll be the first to publicly respond and apologize to this post if I’m wrong.

The reality is that DCA plays in a very winnable class of D2 football. And they could have continued success. My argument is that on paper it does not make sense. He is not a proven winner at this level. That is all. Others in the running for the job, have been better at other places. So as someone who knows the institution, and the TN state football scene very well, it raises eyebrows. So for you to sit here and anoint him as the next Dennis Goodwin or CPW prior to any evidence is strange to me. I hear what you are saying. He knows the community, went to school there, etc. I guess we shall see if that pans out.

As far as no one winning at East Robertson, they did pretty well this year. I don’t care who is there, you coach who have. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

Playerscoach - I appreciate the response. You  are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. And like I mentioned before, I’ll be the first to publicly respond and apologize to this post if I’m wrong.

The reality is that DCA plays in a very winnable class of D2 football. And they could have continued success. My argument is that on paper it does not make sense. He is not a proven winner at this level. That is all. Others in the running for the job, have been better at other places. So as someone who knows the institution, and the TN state football scene very well, it raises eyebrows. So for you to sit here and anoint him as the next Dennis Goodwin or CPW prior to any evidence is strange to me. I hear what you are saying. He knows the community, went to school there, etc. I guess we shall see if that pans out.

As far as no one winning at East Robertson, they did pretty well this year. I don’t care who is there, you coach who have. 

On paper Dennis Goodwin made no sense. CJP has more coaching and head coaching experience than DG had.  

Enrollment is way up, kids want an exciting brand of ball, the indoor facility will be amazing (think BGAs but better), CJP is a good offensive coach, and this years team is loaded at the skill positions like no other time in the history of the school and I’ve seen all the players. CJP will grow the roster and excitement. Wade is a HOF coach so no matter what this hire was not going to compare “on paper” but two TN HOF coaches recommended and hired him. I trust them and will support the program like always. 

CJP doesn’t have to be a “wow” hire to be successful and based on who and what I know he will be there a very long time. 

1 minute ago, Playerscoach said:

On paper Dennis Goodwin made no sense. CJP has more coaching and head coaching experience than DG had.  

Enrollment is way up, kids want an exciting brand of ball, the indoor facility will be amazing (think BGAs but better), CJP is a good offensive coach, and this years team is loaded at the skill positions like no other time in the history of the school and I’ve seen all the players. CJP will grow the roster and excitement. Wade is a HOF coach so no matter what this hire was not going to compare “on paper” but two TN HOF coaches recommended and hired him. I trust them and will support the program like always. 

CJP doesn’t have to be a “wow” hire to be successful and based on who and what I know he will be there a very long time. 

Fair. I do know that DG had been on staff though. And for the record, I hope you are correct. It’s all about raising good men and state championship banners. 

I do believe in DG and want to trust the process. 

The amount of momentum that is building at the school is unparalleled for the DCA world. It would be a shame to lay an egg with all that talent. 

I have had 2 children play for Coach Pierce, and I have coached along side him.  He is not just some random middle school coach.  He has been at the help at THE largest middle s school in the state of Tennessee with over 1600 students. A football program with 70 players.  He runs his middle school better than most high school programs.  The middle school he comes from is larger than all 1A-5A programs and most 6A programs.  I can assure you, he understands the game of football more than most high school coaches I know..some of which at the 6A level...he is very knowledgeable.  While I understand any reservations, and I certainly do not blame you for any raised eyebrows, but I can tell you..you are in excellent hands and he is going to do a great job!!  Best of luck..he is gonna surprise a lot of people!!

7 hours ago, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

As a former DCA student athlete and member of the program, and employee of another TN independent school, I am displeased with the news of the new hire to say the least. To hire a guy who was 7-23 in his 3 year tenure at East Robertson is absolutely wild.  People are going to rebuttal with "he's done a great job with Blackman football" etc. If the measuring stick for DCA football is now a proven Middle School football coach who won a couple of Rutherford County championships, I'll be da****.  

The drop off from Paul Wade to Jay Pierce is enormous. You are talking about a TSSAA HOF coach to a guy who got a job because he attended the school and has a bit on institutional knowledge. My question is what did Goodwin and others see to make him seem qualified? Because on paper he sure as heck is not. Is it from his time at the school 2 decades ago? Is it from having a brother on Wade's staff who likes to make tiktoks? I don't doubt Jay know's ball. But, I do seriously doubt he was a better option than guys like Roc, etc. that were wanting this job. 

I suppose it remains to be seen, I hope I'm wrong and I have to apologize in a couple years via this threat. But if I'm not, maybe Coach Pierce is a good fit to steer the middle school program in the right direction.

A motivated young coach with energy that can get the job done.  The Duttons are big fans.  

Edited by Yellowstone

8 hours ago, TonyMo said:

I have had 2 children play for Coach Pierce, and I have coached along side him.  He is not just some random middle school coach.  He has been at the help at THE largest middle s school in the state of Tennessee with over 1600 students. A football program with 70 players.  He runs his middle school better than most high school programs.  The middle school he comes from is larger than all 1A-5A programs and most 6A programs.  I can assure you, he understands the game of football more than most high school coaches I know..some of which at the 6A level...he is very knowledgeable.  While I understand any reservations, and I certainly do not blame you for any raised eyebrows, but I can tell you..you are in excellent hands and he is going to do a great job!!  Best of luck..he is gonna surprise a lot of people!!

Agree 100%.   Got to build the roster quickly with the kids inside the school.