Where does DCA go?

Playerscoach

On 2/27/2024 at 8:19 PM, Sackmaster50 said:

Barber got kicked out of OHCC something about an X tiktocer deal. He keeps it tight, but pumping iron in the pen gets you there. WOP is where liberal arts school go after Cats of any kind can swim in the pool. Wrestling needs revamp. TNU alum gonna be the standard soon. Already have an intermural Legend there. Next up T$$AA record holders. No wake zone on the Stones right now. Cicada season is upon us. Get the bait buckets out. Time to go fish for biggins.

Don't know much on the wrestling, but got a couple of guys on the phone who know.   RIP just dusted off the kayak for the next fishing trip on Old Hickory Lake.

Edited by QuickStrike

Help is not wanted, its needed.   

Love the feedback provided.   Such joy comparing yourself to MJCA in basketball.  

Nobody wanted a piece in basketball between 97 and the Ramsey years.  

Someone please get Presley on the phone and fix this mess.   He has to be Basketball Emeritus or something.   He won a state championship with a team that was the lowest of the lows and highest of the highs.   Matter of fact, 2 players transferred and the team jelled better.   Saw it first hand.  

Edited by QuickStrike

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2024 at 9:04 PM, theunderstudy said:

I’m sure that rant just convinced a lot of folks to see it your way.  I bet the admissions office will be busy tomorrow. 

Maybe Jay will let you give the half time speech to fire the boys up. 

You say symbol of change, exactly what change is needed? The momentum at the school is unfounded. I wouldn’t think that DG or CPW thinks the program needs a change. We need a leader that has taken programs to great heights and that has the ability to sustain the winning tradition and culture. 

Why should we be convinced CJP is capable of that if has not been able to do that other places? 

Any coach hired will care and put his heart into the job. You think he didn’t do that other places?! 

CJP has a better resume than DG had when he was hired and that definitely was a “change “ made when the program was doing well. 

As far as the admissions office have you see the school, the facilities, the enrollment, the large pay increase for the teachers, or the max capacity in the elementary school??? The momentum is absolutely palpable in DCA overall with the exception of the big three men’s teams. The most successful men’s team will be the soccer team and that’s unacceptable. CPW was gearing up for a possible gold ball so all credit to him but basketball and baseball have to be addressed. Both head coaches are good men but the competitiveness of those programs isn’t there. Keep both on staff as teachers and leaders but hiring new blood is necessary. Again, I like and respect both but change has to be made. 

Im convinced CJP will do a great job because CPW and DG think so. While seeing every team in the history of DCA in the TSSAA I can tell you there are cycles in the program. This cycle will bring a championship or two until Jay passes it on to the next guy 15-20 years from now. 

10 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

CJP has a better resume than DG had when he was hired and that definitely was a “change “ made when the program was doing well. 

As far as the admissions office have you see the school, the facilities, the enrollment, the large pay increase for the teachers, or the max capacity in the elementary school??? The momentum is absolutely palpable in DCA overall with the exception of the big three men’s teams. The most successful men’s team will be the soccer team and that’s unacceptable. CPW was gearing up for a possible gold ball so all credit to him but basketball and baseball have to be addressed. Both head coaches are good men but the competitiveness of those programs isn’t there. Keep both on staff as teachers and leaders but hiring new blood is necessary. Again, I like and respect both but change has to be made. 

Im convinced CJP will do a great job because CPW and DG think so. While seeing every team in the history of DCA in the TSSAA I can tell you there are cycles in the program. This cycle will bring a championship or two until Jay passes it on to the next guy 15-20 years from now. 

He has to immediately improve the trenches to have success. Line is tiny. Time will tell.

Basketball was horrible this year. No talent in the wings from what I saw either.

Berti has been the baseball coach for 35 years. It is time.

Edited by BingoLong

20 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

You are responding to a post from 2/6, while a hundred others have come in since.  I will just agree with you.

22 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Of course CPW and DG are going to say CJP will do a great job.  DG is a company man and he is most likely responsible for the hire so he must say the right things to ensure the DCA community.  CPW is still in the game and he would not disrespect another coach, so of course he is going to say CJP will do a great job.  We are not stupid.  I hope you saying negative things or insinuating negative things about JB & NJ does not hurt your standing, or your DCA employed family member's standing at DCA. You obviously care much for DCA.  Noble.  CJP may well do very well, but his previous stint(s) as a High School HC tend to make people think otherwise.  Personally, I hope he does well.  Lot's of good people at DCA.  Wonderful school. 

Edited by catamount
correction

On 3/11/2024 at 9:12 AM, catamount said:

Of course CPW and DG are going to say CJP will do a great job.  DG is a company man and he is most likely responsible for the hire so he must say the right things to ensure the DCA community.  CPW is still in the game and he would not disrespect another coach, so of course he is going to say CJP will do a great job.  We are not stupid.  I hope you saying negative things or insinuating negative things about JB & NJ does not hurt your standing, or your DCA employed family member's standing at DCA. You obviously care much for DCA.  Noble.  CJP may well do very well, but his previous stint(s) as a High School HC tend to make people think otherwise.  Personally, I hope he does well.  Lot's of good people at DCA.  Wonderful school. 

When will the Italians make it back to the Stones?  Business is booming.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2024 at 9:12 AM, catamount said:

The weather is changing.  Spring has sprung.  

Keep chopping wood.  The tree will fall. 

Build the fire, ignite the flame, and throw some gasoline everywhere.

It's a blessing!

• 4 weeks later...