TSWA All-State teams (1A-6A)

On 1/12/2024 at 12:05 PM, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Comical is putting it lightly, this is the worst year for state awards I’ve ever seen, no way in he** these writers got out of their own areas to watch other games or even attempted to do some research. I remember when being all-state used to mean something because the writers did do their research and seemed to care about it and the kids. Gordonsville, Clay County, have 1 players combined, that’s pretty shady to me. those 2 teams were the last standing in the East with SP. Then you take the Auburn commitment from SP who made it and according to their fans wasn’t even one of their top players and all he wanted to do was fight, even got suspended for a game! Then two soph from SP don’t get me wrong they are very talented players but weren’t the best on the field from the games I watched of SP,  I saw lots of Juniors and Seniors who were better just on worse teams. Award the kids for their hard work and not the ones who benefits from what school they might be playing at the next level or what Letters are on their chest. I understand it’s always going to be biased, but at least get the right players from the right teams on there. 

Didn’t 9 for SP run really well on Clay and Gordonsville?  Also a low blow taking a shot at a kid when anyone that was at the game clearly saw he retaliated to the Clay kid. Wasn’t right by either kid but that’s what happened.  Also noticed #2, #7, #11 aren’t on this list either for SP and they easily should have been. We could do this all day.  How can no SP kid not make Mr. football Finalist.  Yes, it’s comical all the way around when it comes to awards. 

• Upvote 2