Cookeville vs York Round 2

Cookeville takes down a very good York team in OT and extends their home win streak to 31 games.   It was a battle again just like last matchup between these two teams.  An amazing game.  If you love basketball catch the replay over on Upper Cumberland Reporter Facebook page.  

In both games Cookeville had a bad stretch and York took a double digit lead.   In both games Cookeville comes back to take a lead late in game.  This time Cookeville makes the shots that counted down the stretch to send game to OT.  Lady Cavs hold York scoreless in overtime to take the win 45-50. Beaty is the real deal with 35 pts in the game.  Wish there was a round 3….it was that good.

Beaty is the best player in AA. Cookeville is a very good team. Would’ve like to have seen York keep attacking in the 3rd as it didn’t seem Cookeville had an answer for Beaty. I also believe York has the talent to win AA if their younger players played more aggressively on the offensive end. 

5 hours ago, rammerjammer2 said:

Beaty is the best player in AA. Cookeville is a very good team. Would’ve like to have seen York keep attacking in the 3rd as it didn’t seem Cookeville had an answer for Beaty. I also believe York has the talent to win AA if their younger players played more aggressively on the offensive end. 

I have been a big Beaty fan since middle school.  She is definitely one of the best in the state at any level.  Cookeville doesn’t play zone defense normally but they did against her.  So she makes 4 straight 3s to open the game!  :eek:    They always seem to do that ball stalling game at some point in the game.   It’s how they play so it was nothing new.  They execute so well in half court that they can do that with the lead.  The momentum definitely shifted in the 3rd.  This Lady Cavs team doesn’t quit playing.  

We have seen 3 of the best in AA in Masingale, Newman, and Beaty .  They are all VERY good.  York will need someone else to step up if they are going to make a gold ball run.  You can’t have Beaty scoring 35 of your 45 pts.  Werner will be that second scorer most nights.  I am definitely watching that AA title game this year!   Wow…

48 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

I don’t think one person scoring 75% of the points will win a gold ball. Good defenses teams will hold her to a lower number. 

Beaty is special.  A top 5 player in the state.  York also has some other pieces that can play.  They are good enough to win the whole thing with a few breaks along the way.  I would rank them 3rd in AA behind McMinn Central and Gatlinburg-Pittman but ahead of Gibson County and Huntingdon.

5 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I have been a big Beaty fan since middle school.  She is definitely one of the best in the state at any level.  Cookeville doesn’t play zone defense normally but they did against her.  So she makes 4 straight 3s to open the game!  :eek:    They always seem to do that ball stalling game at some point in the game.   It’s how they play so it was nothing new.  They execute so well in half court that they can do that with the lead.  The momentum definitely shifted in the 3rd.  This Lady Cavs team doesn’t quit playing.  

We have seen 3 of the best in AA in Masingale, Newman, and Beaty .  They are all VERY good.  York will need someone else to step up if they are going to make a gold ball run.  You can’t have Beaty scoring 35 of your 45 pts.  Werner will be that second scorer most nights.  I am definitely watching that AA title game this year!   Wow…

2a is loaded this year.

2 hours ago, westtn12 said:

I don’t think one person scoring 75% of the points will win a gold ball. Good defenses teams will hold her to a lower number. 

LOL.  Yeah that’s what a lot of teams have thought.  I would say Cookeville is a very good defensive team.  Top 5 4A team.   She just puts a lot of pressure on the defense with her physical play and ball handling.  She doesn’t take bad shots.  She makes the right pass.   This isn’t your typical ball hog, shoot every time down the court type of player scoring 35 - 40 pts.  She is the REAL deal.  But I agree someone else needs to score more for them to win  it all.   We didn’t try to keep her from getting the ball.   We tried to limit her open looks without leaving too many easy buckets for other players.  It’s a tough task.   

• Like 1