Copper Basin 2024

This year should be interesting. Grabowski was let go over the holidays. Will this result in more kids coming out to play? One would hope to be the case. Everything seems to be pretty quiet over at the school, not a single word on who they’re looking at to be a replacement. Things are very weird, makes one think does the administration even care about football anymore? 

56 minutes ago, TheLegend13 said:

Copper Basin won’t have football in three years because the administration has run the program into the ground. Grabowski led the cougars to two region title games, something that hadn’t been done in 30 years and even had the team at #2 in 1A in 2020. Shame on the administration for letting go of a great coach that always had his players best interest at heart! 

That’s ashame you won’t have football anymore. #2 in the region? Isn’t 2020 the season you guys forfeited to SP?

1 hour ago, TheLegend13 said:

Copper Basin won’t have football in three years because the administration has run the program into the ground. Grabowski led the cougars to two region title games, something that hadn’t been done in 30 years and even had the team at #2 in 1A in 2020. Shame on the administration for letting go of a great coach that always had his players best interest at heart! 

The first statement you made about the team being gone in three years I don’t doubt that one a bit. Basin played in the region championship in 2010,2012, and 2014. So it wasn’t the first time in 30 years. I also don’t recall the team in 2020 ever being ranked #2. Top 10 for a bit but never #2.

14 minutes ago, PiratePride23 said:

That’s ashame you won’t have football anymore. #2 in the region? Isn’t 2020 the season you guys forfeited to SP?

If they don’t make the right hire at coach there won’t be a team, the numbers were low because kids didn’t want to play for the coaching staff. With the right hire and school administration support the team will make it. Yeah I’m pretty sure that’s the year due to Covid.  With all that being said not speaking ill of Grabowski or anyone involved that is just what I observed and was told.

6 minutes ago, PiratePride23 said:

Unfortunately, that is correct. I’ve got $50 that says TheLegend13 is a Grabowski posse burner account. It wouldn’t be the first time.

Truth is, the man didn’t know the difference between a Cover 4 and a Cover 2-Man. He’s a great guy that can see some success at higher classifications, but truly couldn’t understand some of the most important aspects of 1A ball. He took a rather firm approach with alums and insisted on a culture overhaul. He claimed the old way didn’t work. As we can see, the new way most definitely does not work. As a consequence we’ve seen a few years of embarrassment made worse by undue chest thumping. The majority of anything good, creative, or even productive on the field originated from and can be personally attributed to Jeremy Locke, back-channeled advice,  and/or the other competent assistants. 

I’ve had about enough of the hurt feelings and spectacle that comes with all of this. I feel like a stranger around a program I’ve invested a significant portion of my life to. I rang the warning bells on this fiasco 5 years ago. Either no one listened, or no one cared. I hope I’m never right about something like this ever again.

I wish the best for everyone involved. I just hope that the community understands this for what it is. It was a mistake. Please involve people that know even a little about the game to provide input on future hires. If you’re reading this and you’re from the Basin, you already know who I’m suggesting should be involved in assessing potential hires, if not a potential hire in some capacity himself. God bless. 

JT

2 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

Unfortunately, that is correct. I’ve got $50 that says TheLegend13 is a Grabowski posse burner account. It wouldn’t be the first time.

Truth is, the man didn’t know the difference between a Cover 4 and a Cover 2-Man. He’s a great guy that can see some success at higher classifications, but truly couldn’t understand some of the most important aspects of 1A ball. He took a rather firm approach with alums and insisted on a culture overhaul. He claimed the old way didn’t work. As we can see, the new way most definitely does not work. As a consequence we’ve seen a few years of embarrassment made worse by undue chest thumping. The majority of anything good, creative, or even productive on the field originated from and can be personally attributed to Jeremy Locke, back-channeled advice,  and/or the other competent assistants. 

I’ve had about enough of the hurt feelings and spectacle that comes with all of this. I feel like a stranger around a program I’ve invested a significant portion of my life to. I rang the warning bells on this fiasco 5 years ago. Either no one listened, or no one cared. I hope I’m never right about something like this ever again.

I wish the best for everyone involved. I just hope that the community understands this for what it is. It was a mistake. Please involve people that know even a little about the game to provide input on future hires. If you’re reading this and you’re from the Basin, you already know who I’m suggesting should be involved in assessing potential hires, if not a potential hire in some capacity himself. God bless. 

JT

All Gods People Say… Amen

Wish Coach G the best in his future endeavors, good guy and he did do a lot for the kids. Just wasn’t a good fit here, I hope he finds a place where he can fit in and make a difference. With that being said I hope our administration cares enough to make a hire that’s a good fit for our program will indeed be gone. The people involved need to do their due diligence, listen to the kids, listen to the alumni. Don’t chalk it up to they’re just kids, they’re young men and they should have somewhat of a say in who the next coach is. TheCommander just wants to see the program survive and build back better than before. 

Edited by TheCommander

On 1/17/2024 at 10:27 AM, QuickStrike said:

This is a great job for someone who enjoys that area.   Low stress, close to the Ocoee, and plenty of outdoor activities!  One of my favorite places to visit. 

It would be a great job for someone if they want to be told what to do by the system! I love the area, I try not to take it for granted. It’s a beautiful place to live but the politics seem to be getting worse the more we go. 

3 hours ago, TheCommander said:

It would be a great job for someone if they want to be told what to do by the system! I love the area, I try not to take it for granted. It’s a beautiful place to live but the politics seem to be getting worse the more we go. 

Would gladly be a “yes man” for hunting and fishing access!