Any East Tn hoops teams good? Who’s the best to go watch?

Rebelyell10

33 minutes ago, Rebelyell10 said:

Teegan, Ethan  ??  I think is the name I heard.  A guy near me, had his hat on sideways (backward) was telling his buddies about how several kids had quit (ran off) and a few more were close to hanging it up also….sounds like a circus huh?  I like you tribal, u keep it honest it seems like 

Oh, Tegan Begley... Ok.  Yeah, I don't recall him being mentioned now last night come to think of it.

He's more of a contributor to the football team honestly anyway.  Dang good football player, but does have a temper.  Got ejected in the David Crockett football game.

The one positive takeaway from these last few games I will say though is Dawson #20.  Dude has stepped up his game big time here recently.  Finally doing the things a 6'8 post should be doing.  Very proud of his play this week.  Jones #11 is also a prospect on the rise as well.  With the JV drilling everyone they play, the future looks real bright.  Poore is a good coach and does the right things.  I'm sure, the personnel decision with Begley was probably accurate based on what I wrote above.  We saw it last year with Gillespie as well.  He made one mistake early in the season and got to sit till after Christmas.  He made a second mistake right before the team made the trip to Murfreesboro and got removed from the team for it.  It certainly cost us winning that first game in the Boro for sure and advancing further.  But was it the right decision to remove him from the team?  I think so.  A lot of folks thought he should have been kicked off the team for the first incident.  But I believe in second chances.  He got the second chance and made another mistake.  Bye bye.

I'm sure everyone but me is saying this season is not a lost cause yet especially with a region bid automatic... but we'd have to win that first game in the district tournament just to avoid (most likely) Morristown East or Sevier County in first round of region play and beating them this season is quite improbable.  I'm just not seeing anything that is telling me we can turn that around in two weeks before the district tournament starts, but if anyone can, coach Poore can.

As for me keeping it honest.  I do... Lol.  It gets me in trouble quite frequently also, both on here and Facebook.  I got kicked out of the D-B Football Real Talk Facebook group for keeping it a little too real this past season.  :D

Tribal….spit the facts brother!  

that guy was saying that multiple guys quit every year is concerning and the team last night looked very selfish and there is no “team feeling or even a smidge of team camaraderie “ AT ALL!  But on SH bench, the players were chanting, clapping, cheering for the mates….

Just seems like alot of disgruntlement going on….may go watch them again tomorrow…who they play

21 minutes ago, Rebelyell10 said:

that guy was saying that multiple guys quit every year is concerning and the team last night looked very selfish and there is no “team feeling or even a smidge of team camaraderie “ AT ALL!  But on SH bench, the players were chanting, clapping, cheering for the mates….

Just seems like alot of disgruntlement going on….may go watch them again tomorrow…who they play

D-B? Boone away

Science Hill is at West Ridge I believe

Edited by TribalEmpire

23 hours ago, Rebelyell10 said:

Teegan, Ethan  ??  I think is the name I heard.  A guy near me, had his hat on sideways (backward) was telling his buddies about how several kids had quit (ran off) and a few more were close to hanging it up also….sounds like a circus huh?  I like you tribal, u keep it honest it seems like 

He's a great guy he knows his sports. I've known him going on 7 years probably.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 11:31 AM, Rebelyell10 said:

LOL! "that guy was saying" .......That guy is you buddy. 

17 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Bingo!

Waco, you have a Dandy of a coach. If I know Chris, he is letting the younger ones grow, learn, develop comaraderie and learn to win big. He will not infect DB’s basketball future by conjoining these 2 teams. Coach is a task master, who can control 1 or 2 players who put self over team, but when the many are that way it is probably a lost season. Watch out for DB down the road.

Edited by noonesfool

6 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Waco, you have a Dandy of a coach. If I know Chris, he is letting the younger ones grow, learn, develop comaraderiy and learn to win big. He will not infect DB’s basketball future by conjoining these 2 teams. Coach is a task master, who can control 1 or 2 players who put self over team, but when the many are that way it is probably a lost season. Watch out for DB down the road.

You sir are 100% correct. This rebelboy clown is just that....a clown. One senior on this team and most are sophomores. The JV team is really good and the freshmen team is awesome. These little boys bashing DB this year will be hard to find in the coming years. 

• Upvote 1