Mr. Basketball Nominees

CoachT

The Mr. and Miss Basketball Awards will be presented to the top girls and boys in six classifications of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association in a ceremony to be held on the floor of MTSU's Murphy Center on March 12, 2024.

This group is to include three finalists for Miss Basketball and three for Mr. Basketball in each classification. The winners of the coveted award are to receive the distinguished Mr. and Miss Basketball trophy with the other finalists being presented plaques.

This is a nomination ballot from the awards. Any player at any of our member schools is eligible to receive votes and I would encourage you to take a moment and give careful consideration to any player with whom you are familiar and who you think deserving of the award. You may nominate up to three players in each classification for the awards. It is not necessary to nominate three players in every category, but that is your option. Also, please take into account the statewide aspect of this award as you consider your nominations.

This is an initial nominating process only. A selection committee that will include representatives from each area of the state will meet to vote on the finalists and winner of the Mr. and Miss Basketball Award for each classification.

In order for your ballot to be counted in the selection process, it must be submitted no later than noon on SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 3. Please respond today.

CoachT: I need your recommendations, for any and all classes, as to who you think deserves my Mr. Basketball nomination. Negative comments here do not accomplish anything. Instead, tell me why I need to nominate a particular player.

Maliki Brooks of Union City has been outstanding all year. Best player on the #3 team in 1A. Makes the right play every time and is a great kid on and off the court. Dropped 47 on Dyer County who is #3 in the 3A AP Poll. Brooks is a great candidate for Mr. Basketball.