Catholic basketball job open?

1 hour ago, KnoxBBall1993 said:

Wow.  Wonder why he did not make it through the season?  And why can Catholic not seem to keep a coach?

I moved out of state so I haven't been in the loop on what was going on with the new Coach.  I do know that Luke Smith took a college coaching position. 

1 hour ago, QSouth89 said:

I moved out of state so I haven't been in the loop on what was going on with the new Coach.  I do know that Luke Smith took a college coaching position. 

I know that, but it seems that nobody wants to be the coach over there.  The two coaches in the last year and a half have left.  Luke was a Catholic alum and favorite son.  You cannot tell me that being an assistant at lowly Trevecca would pay more than the pope's army over there.  Why would Blair leave?  Or why would he get dismissed?  I wonder what is going on? @IrishBBall

5 hours ago, KnoxBBall1993 said:

I know that, but it seems that nobody wants to be the coach over there.  The two coaches in the last year and a half have left.  Luke was a Catholic alum and favorite son.  You cannot tell me that being an assistant at lowly Trevecca would pay more than the pope's army over there.  Why would Blair leave?  Or why would he get dismissed?  I wonder what is going on? @IrishBBall

Luke Smith had the opportunity to skip several steps in the college assistant track. No GA, video coordinator, Director of Player Development, etc. roles to  wade thru.

On 1/29/2024 at 11:28 AM, KnoxBBall1993 said:

I know a lot of coaches that were and are interested in the position at KCHS, I guess it's finding the right fit. Luke wanted to get into college coaching, so he took the opportunity that was presented. As far as Coach Blair, there are way too many stories floating around to know what is actually true so I don't want too or will speculate.

Edited by QSouth89