Cleveland success….

TheTreyB

Yes, by Allan Jones. He funds the Higher Calling Wrestling Club and the Cleveland High School team. Both. As well as pays the club coaches salary. 

“So the fact a man worth 500 million dollars funding your entire youth-high school program doesn’t put you a leg ahead of the rest of the state?”

Here are a couple more gems from @Ummmno @CdotRoller. Seems like those numbers @cobrakid8 is flexing don’t add up to enough to fund our ENTIRE program and pay all these athletes we are recruiting AND “pay for kids to go to Tulsa” as he claims. The only financial assessment more ridiculous than @Ummmno’s is @Humorist claiming Allan paid $10 million for the $2 million Jones Center. How is that math for you @BOUNCE?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CdotRoller said:

You said I should ask for money…

go back and re-read, and I stated we do not want money, he loves wrestling for the red and blue. 

The reason I keep specifically asking about my son getting money, is 100% about my son…I can’t speak for anyone else(although I know the answer).  How has the funding directly impacted him…that building hasn’t made him better, but that room has.  That building didn’t attract us to Cleveland, the coaches and partners did. Good kids bring more good kids. 

You guys seem to be under the impression money has made these kids what they are, and I’ll never agree to that.  I invite you to a practice, stick your head in the room and see how hard these kids work and the skill level these kids are at. I mean many of our MS age wrestlers are National caliber kids, All-Americans left and right, they are reaping the fruits of their labor, plain and simple.  And they are only at that level because of how good the room is and how outstanding our coaches are. I hope the funding is taking care of our coaches!  They deserve every penny. 

Sir. Respectfully. 

If you and your son are there for “coaching and partners,” (which I agree are top notch) it is because of the funding/money that was raised (and matched by a donor) that pay the coaches who went out and brought in the kids which they now teach, coach and motivate at a high level. 

Your family is receiving those benefits due to the funding that paid the Club Coaches salary (Only 2-3 Clubs in the state do that). It’s a great investment by HCWC and you as a father to your son. 

Like I mentioned in my first post in this thread, hats off and respect to how the program has evolved and rolling. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, SportsTNFan said:

Sir. Respectfully. 

If you and your son are there for “coaching and partners,” (which I agree are top notch) it is because of the funding/money that was raised (and matched by a donor) that pay the coaches who went out and brought in the kids which they now teach, coach and motivate at a high level. 

Your family is receiving those benefits due to the funding that paid the Club Coaches salary (Only 2-3 Clubs in the state do that). It’s a great investment by HCWC and you as a father to your son. 

Like I mentioned in my first post in this thread, hats off and respect to how the program has evolved and rolling. 

Thank you for pointing this out. Most neutral fans keep pointing this out and he wants to make it a different argument 

Edited by FR615
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, SportsTNFan said:

Sir. Respectfully. 

Respectfully you don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Those kids weren’t recruited, some started there when we were rivals. Others joined before we did because they saw how good of a coach Josh was and how he got the most out of his wrestlers.  I came last…they didn’t need my son. I came because the wrestling market in Knoxville has all but dried up and those former rivals were the toughest kids my sons wrestled in the state.  The funding didn’t bring any of them there…the production and performance did. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SportsTNFan said:

Sir. Respectfully. 

@FrecoFanatic How many kids in Middle School have you guys recruited?

Im sure you give more insight to this. 

10 minutes ago, FR615 said:

Thank you for pointing this out. Most neutral fans keep pointing this out and he wants to make it a different argument 

What’s the different argument? 
That we weren’t recruited?

That none of my son’s partners were recruited.  4 of the 5 started at HCWC as bantams!

1 hour ago, FrecoFanatic said:

When will we, as a community, come together and say enough is enough?

The only thing they're "outworking everybody" with is the money they're dishing out to bring kids to their program. ”

@Ummmno this you? Seems like @CdotRoller was pretty spot with his assessment of what you said. Go ahead lie and tell us that you were not saying Cleveland is paying to bring athletes to our program.

@FR615 @SportsTNFan

What are you guys talking about. 
He’s been making these claims for days, I’m not spinning it into anything.  I'm 100% calling his bluff and telling him he lying and doesn’t have a clue about what he’s talking about. 

So before you guys chime in…make sure you get the full context. 

10 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

What’s the different argument? 
That we weren’t recruited?

That none of my son’s partners were recruited.  4 of the 5 started at HCWC as bantams!

Sir I really can’t anymore. You have wasted 15 pages and still can’t seem to comprehend what people are saying.  No one is saying you personally got money. People are saying the funding helps them. Bringing in kids like yours and Canien Williams helps the team and is mutually beneficial. I’m fine with that! If you can’t see that you are blind.

Edited by FR615

1 minute ago, CdotRoller said:

@FR615 @SportsTNFan

He’s been making these claims for days, I’m not spinning it into anything.  I'm 100% calling his bluff and telling him he lying and doesn’t have a clue about what he’s talking about. 

I think you are lumping me into the wrong crowd or taking my comment out of context. 

I have posted three times, and I said I had respect for HCWC, coaches should be paid, and that you made a great investment for your son and his wrestling future. My comment about the funding/donations was intended to say that the program had not been at a high level until the most recent staff took over and got all the kids in the area back in the wrestling room which you and your family (like many others) are benefitting from. It’s great for wrestling in the State. 

12 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

@FR615 @SportsTNFan

I think Cleveland continuing to build their program to elite is great for Tennessee wrestling. I have zero problem with any school building their program or any kids transferring to better their opportunity. 

Edited by FR615

1 minute ago, FR615 said:

Sir I really can’t anymore. You have wasted 15 pages and still can’t seem to comprehend what people are saying.  No one is saying you personally got money. People are saying the funding helps them. Bringing in kids like yours and Canien Williams helps the team is mutually beneficial. I’m fine with that! If you can’t see that you are blind.

Again 

How?  How does the funding effect my son!

They didn’t bring me in 

My son didn’t have a club…we requested to be there, that’s the complete opposite of what you three are insinuating.  You three have danced around saying the funding recruited us, gave us better facilities, it’s an unfair advantage, etc.  Meanwhile Ignoring the hard work these kids put in.  In your eyes that’s at the bottom of the list and funding is number one.  And I’m saying funding is at the bottom and the hard work and coaching are why they have the success they do. I don’t know if the coaches get paid or how much…if I’m paying for coaching out of my team fees is that still Allan Jones funding…or me?