Lake County head coaching job open?

6 minutes ago, west10EZ said:

It’s a great job to have for sure .. probably top 10 for 1A ? It’s at least debatable It’s just been a stepping stone job recently though .. hopefully y’all find someone who will stay and build a legacy there

It's only been a stepping stone because the coaches that are being hired cant seem to cut the umbilical cord from the coaches they're accustomed to. I questioned the Canada hire because everybody knows he's committed to pucket it's understandable. I wasn't a fan of the quinn hire. That's why I think it's best to have a committee conduct interviews instead of one person make the decision. I,along with alot falcon Nation, want something new. Lets look at things through someone else's eyes for a change. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 4:53 PM, lakecounty1968 said:

My wish is for a veteran head coach would put in for the job. Not that is likely to happen. It will be the same cycle of up and coming head coaches. The guy as So. Fulton as only been the OC there for a year. To me that is not enough time. The group of kids that SF currently have in school now are a once and 10 year class according to my sources. LC defeated SF last year and I expect the game to be close this year also. LC needs to make the best hire possible. It would be nice for a veteran coach to put in for job. I am talking about one with some success. Right now Lake County is a stepping stone job. The talent that is about to come cannot be trusted to just anyone. All the candidates that I have heard are all new coaches. If that is the case stay with what you have on staff and give him time instead of just hiring a rent a coach for 2 years. That's my opinion and only mine. I am sure there will be others and I will respect who is mentioned. I'm just not crazy about anything mentioned so far.

Surely with 17 applicants someone has some head coaching experience or at the least had success at their prior stops. What's your thoughts on this?

On 2/11/2024 at 4:53 PM, lakecounty1968 said:

My wish is for a veteran head coach would put in for the job. Not that is likely to happen. It will be the same cycle of up and coming head coaches. The guy as So. Fulton as only been the OC there for a year. To me that is not enough time. The group of kids that SF currently have in school now are a once and 10 year class according to my sources. LC defeated SF last year and I expect the game to be close this year also. LC needs to make the best hire possible. It would be nice for a veteran coach to put in for job. I am talking about one with some success. Right now Lake County is a stepping stone job. The talent that is about to come cannot be trusted to just anyone. All the candidates that I have heard are all new coaches. If that is the case stay with what you have on staff and give him time instead of just hiring a rent a coach for 2 years. That's my opinion and only mine. I am sure there will be others and I will respect who is mentioned. I'm just not crazy about anything mentioned so far.

I agree.Hate just giving the job to a young guy or a young coach cause his Dad has been a coach a long time.

You folks kill me. Y'all out here acting like you weren't happy to get a Puckett man. This is why you can't keep a coach, along with the pitiful pay. You don't recognize good coaching. You just want some guy you can buddy up to until it's time to stab him in the back. Good luck...hopefully you will get the coach you deserve!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MondaymornQB said:

You folks kill me. Y'all out here acting like you weren't happy to get a Puckett man. This is why you can't keep a coach, along with the pitiful pay. You don't recognize good coaching. You just want some guy you can buddy up to until it's time to stab him in the back. Good luck...hopefully you will get the coach you deserve!

I can also see why y'all hated Quinn. It had to be awful getting to the semis! SMDH

5 hours ago, MondaymornQB said:

I have idea what your talking about. Coach Puckett was great here. Quinn got a bad rap because he absolutely didn't have any help. Coach Canada left on his own. As far as I know Coach Short is interviewing for the job. So don't understand your point. Yes , the pay is not that great. Other than that this can be a great place to coach.

3 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I have no idea what your talking about. Coach Puckett was great here. Quinn got a bad rap because he absolutely didn't have any help. Coach Canada left on his own. As far as I know Coach Short is interviewing for the job. So don't understand your point. Yes , the pay is not that great. Other than that this can be a great place to coach.

3 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I have idea what your talking about. Coach Puckett was great here. Quinn got a bad rap because he absolutely didn't have any help. Coach Canada left on his own. As far as I know Coach Short is interviewing for the job. So don't understand your point. Yes , the pay is not that great. Other than that this can be a great place to coach.

Meant to say I have no idea what your talking about.

21 hours ago, truefalconfan said:

Surely with 17 applicants someone has some head coaching experience or at the least had success at their prior stops. What's your thoughts on this?

From what I have been told nobody with head coaching experience as put in for the job. From what I am hearing there will be some sorta of committee to at least help advise with the hiring process. Who that committee will be I have no clue. Bigster who are you talking about being hired because of his father?