West TN Softball Leaders

SoftballWestTN6

21 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

South Gibson is going to be good in 13AAA but don't sleep on the Lady Trojans. The have a lot of talent in their lineup and bringing a lot of key pieces back. Just a matter of getting everyone healthy and back on the field.

I think two of these teams out of this district will make it to the state tournament.  South Gibson will be tough. But I wouldn't take anyone in that district lightly. 

Crockett co will be in that mix as well don't think they lost anyone. Dyer co will have 4 to 6  freshman that will see playing time. They going to be really young this year with mostly freshman and sophomores. I will have to give them another year. 

14 minutes ago, tnfan09 said:

I think two of these teams out of this district will make it to the state tournament.  South Gibson will be tough. But I wouldn't take anyone in that district lightly. 

Crockett co will be in that mix as well don't think they lost anyone. Dyer co will have 4 to 6  freshman that will see playing time. They going to be really young this year with mostly freshman and sophomores. I will have to give them another year. 

Great assessment. Home field advantage is always huge in this district and I'd be willing to give an edge to whichever team cal earn the right to host. Going to be a lot of good competition. And on the subject of Dyersburg, congratulations to Courtney Richardson who signed with Blue Mountain this morning! 

2 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Great assessment. Home field advantage is always huge in this district and I'd be willing to give an edge to whichever team cal earn the right to host. Going to be a lot of good competition. And on the subject of Dyersburg, congratulations to Courtney Richardson who signed with Blue Mountain this morning! 

Awesome congratulations to her. She's a competitor for sure

2 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Westview lost some key players but they return Sims who has signed to play with Tennessee. She's a stud! I think they return enough pieces around her to be very successful again this year

I agree 100 percent. Not familiar with that district or region but will they play huntingdon?  

14 minutes ago, tnfan09 said:

I agree 100 percent. Not familiar with that district or region but will they play huntingdon?  

They do not. They would face them but not until state. It is just like basketball district/regions so in their district is Gibson Co, Ripley, Trenton, and Milan and then it goes to Scotts Hill, Adamsville, JCM, Liberty, etc for regions. Substate would be from Memphis area

On 2/15/2024 at 11:55 AM, sportslover88 said:

They do not. They would face them but not until state. It is just like basketball district/regions so in their district is Gibson Co, Ripley, Trenton, and Milan and then it goes to Scotts Hill, Adamsville, JCM, Liberty, etc for regions. Substate would be from Memphis area

Very little competition for Martin on that side of bracket.  Don’t see any teams that can beat them.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Camden’s play day Saturday. Bruceton was impressive. They beat Camden and Riverside. Scored runs galore in those games. Pesky hitters up and down the lineup. Pitcher is the real deal. They lost to Henry County but only 1-0. Henry has a freshmen pitcher that can hum it. Riverside looked pretty good. Seems Camden is down some.