Gibson Female Pioneers

CaptainGuru

26 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Huntingdon with a big win over Cheatham County and has Summertown Saturday Night. On Gibson County we have had a great year in sweeping Westview and Peabody. Never thought we would do that honestly. Back to Westview, I think the Rogers kid is a good player that might be real good next year. Trevathon has improved a bunch as well especially handling ball pressure. Good shooter. To make a deep run for Gibson County and Westview I think the secondary players need to step up even more.

I agree. With only losing Alexander from this year, Westview is going to be tough next year! You will have Sims back for her fourth year as a starter, Evans back after gaining back her momentum from her ACL surgery last year, Rogers back who got a lot of minutes this year and experience under her belt (just needs to gain some confidence), Trevathan back after a year of experience under her belt and improvement, then the freshman point guard back from injury, and then add in Clark and Hayden off the bench that has gotten some solid minutes towards the end and will be ready to contribute next year.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I appreciate your kindness and we have been blessed to win a bunch of games. Does Gibson County have a shot?? yes. Does Westview have a shot?? yes. We can be beat on any given day. AA is loaded so no telling who will win this thing. Westview hit us in the mouth early and honestly I am glad we come together and fought back and won. Gibson County is an underdog, IMO. That is the way we want it. Gatlinburg Pittman, McMinn Central and York had more return than we did so we are not the Vegas Favorites. 

Gibson Female Pioneers will mercy rule Trezevant and be back in the state tournament. It will happen. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? These teams will not mercy rule Gibson Female Pioneers. It will not happen. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Edited by CaptainGuru

1 hour ago, sportslover88 said:

Were you there? Gibson Co didn't have a bad night. Westview just shut down Hart and then kept the ball out of Rivers hands and made the other three beat them. Turner wanted no part in shooting the ball. It ended up being 9 because Westview ended up fouling the last 2 minutes to make them make free throws and they did. It was tied going into the fourth

Gibson Female Pioneers are just plain better than Westview Female Chargers. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

16 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Whoops I meant Riding not Rivers. No doubt Turner is a good defensive player and leader....that was the point I was making. If a team plays Gibson Co defensively like Westview did and then scores more than 6 points in the 2nd half (unlike Westview that got cold) then they beat Gibson Co. That's just my opinion. Nobody wants to handle the ball besides Hart and Riding.

Our halftime adjustments might have had a little to do with Westview's "cold". When Riding was on Sims, our defense was clicking. Turner has handled the ball most of the season & she was the one given that responsibility last night in the 4th....smart move by coach to give her that experience and pressure free throws. She handled it well. Proud of the team effort last night & the other girls have been stepping up more & more. Reeves & Lannom deserve a lot of credit, too. I think Reeves was our high scorer last night. Team sport & I'm proud of them! Let's go 7AA!

20 minutes ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Do u think they’re plain better if WV is at full strength?

First off you play with what you’ve got.   But yes GC is better than westview even if westview was full strength.  They beat them the first time they played by 20+ with full strength.  It’s hard to beat a good team 4 times.  Look at the district championship last year when GC knocked off westview.  

1 hour ago, GlassHouseBound said:

First off you play with what you’ve got.   But yes GC is better than westview even if westview was full strength.  They beat them the first time they played by 20+ with full strength.  It’s hard to beat a good team 4 times.  Look at the district championship last year when GC knocked off westview.  

I remember that! Good point! I believe GC is having the season WV had last year 

39 minutes ago, Kiddmaximus said:

I do think there losses have been big. Any time you lose two starters in HS basketball it hurts you bad. First time we played Westview we probably shot 75% from the field. The Freshman PG that night hit two or three big shots that kept Westview in it early. Any body that knows basketball knows she is a great talent and I wish her well recovering. Losing Simpson is really bad as well. She could mix it up and score down low and shoot three's. I do think Gibson County's defense and fundamentals gives them a shot at any team. They are not flashy but at the end of the night they are up on the scoreboard. Same with Westview. Very fundamental and play great defense. Very possible if Westview had been healthy they could have  won 1 or 2. I think it levels out next year and it will be sure enough pick em type games providing everyone comes back and is healthy. I hope we play one more this year. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kiddmaximus said:

That is debatable about the Westview Female Chargers and the Gibson Female Pioneers. Westview Female Chargers are a good team but Gibson Female Pioneers have a much more storied history in female basketball. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

2 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

That is debatable about the Westview Female Chargers and the Gibson Female Pioneers. Westview Female Chargers are a good team but Gibson Female Pioneers have a much more storied history in female basketball. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Idk I think history wise GC and WV are right there together..both got 3 gold balls Westview has 2 silver Gibson county has one. WV has 18 state tournament appearances Gibson county as of now has 17. As a Westview alumni and fan I admit Gibson county is right up there with us in terms of history and tradition in girls basketball.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

3 hours ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Idk I think history wise GC and WV are right there together..both got 3 gold balls Westview has 2 silver Gibson county has one. WV has 18 state tournament appearances Gibson county as of now has 17. As a Westview alumni and fan I admit Gibson county is right up there with us in terms of history and tradition in girls basketball.

Both have been very successful for sure. Would be interesting what the wins and losses vs each other would be over the years. And this going back to the upper 80's when we all were in 13 AA with Obion, Humboldt and Milan. I don't know the history of Westview in the offseason but I do know that Gibson County has played a bunch of ball in Murfreesboro, Lebanon and Nashville in the summer and early Fall for many years and have played bunches of the biggest names in girls basketball across the state especially the Upper Cumberland teams. I think when they turned Gibson County High School into two high schools it slowed us down a few years. The coaches have done an outstanding job of getting us back in the mix. Great feeder programs and keeping us playing basketball especially in the summer across the state. Both schools have a lot of history and great teams. Lots of great teams that didn't win it for various reasons: injuries, bad draws....Great to have both schools playing each other every year. I hope and pray we all stay healthy.  

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Both have been very successful for sure. Would be interesting what the wins and losses vs each other would be over the years. And this going back to the upper 80's when we all were in 13 AA with Obion, Humboldt and Milan. I don't know the history of Westview in the offseason but I do know that Gibson County has played a bunch of ball in Murfreesboro, Lebanon and Nashville in the summer and early Fall for many years and have played bunches of the biggest names in girls basketball across the state especially the Upper Cumberland teams. I think when they turned Gibson County High School into two high schools it slowed us down a few years. The coaches have done an outstanding job of getting us back in the mix. Great feeder programs and keeping us playing basketball especially in the summer across the state. Both schools have a lot of history and great teams. Lots of great teams that didn't win it for various reasons: injuries, bad draws....Great to have both schools playing each other every year. I hope and pray we all stay healthy.  

Gibson Female Pioneers are a storied program. Gibson Female Pioneers have one multiple titles and are the standard. Gibson Female Pioneers do not get mercy ruled. I guarantee it. Look and see. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.