Gibson Female Pioneers

CaptainGuru

Gibson Female Pioneers are 34-1 and are the state standard in lower class basketball. Gibson Female Pioneers are one of the front runners to win another female basketball championship this season as well.  Gibson Female Pioneers will mercy rule Trezevant Female Bears. It will happen. I guarantee it. Does anyone want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

52 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

Gibson Female Pioneers are 34-1 and are the state standard in lower class basketball. Gibson Female Pioneers are one of the front runners to win another female basketball championship this season as well.  Gibson Female Pioneers will mercy rule Trezevant Female Bears. It will happen. I guarantee it. Does anyone want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

I agree that they will beat Trezevant easily and can go ahead and book their rooms for state. However, Westview exposed them last night with their weakness and had a brilliant defensive game plan. If a team plays them like that at state and has the offensive whole to go with it, then Gibson Co may be in trouble.

30 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

I agree that they will beat Trezevant easily and can go ahead and book their rooms for state. However, Westview exposed them last night with their weakness and had a brilliant defensive game plan. If a team plays them like that at state and has the offensive whole to go with it, then Gibson Co may be in trouble.

Gibson Female Pioneers only won by 9 last night. Gibson Female Pioneers had a bad night. Westview Female Chargers lost once to them by 20 and again by 12. Westview Female Chargers will be in the state tournament as well. It will happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

37 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

Gibson Female Pioneers only won by 9 last night. Gibson Female Pioneers had a bad night. Westview Female Chargers lost once to them by 20 and again by 12. Westview Female Chargers will be in the state tournament as well. It will happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Were you there? Gibson Co didn't have a bad night. Westview just shut down Hart and then kept the ball out of Rivers hands and made the other three beat them. Turner wanted no part in shooting the ball. It ended up being 9 because Westview ended up fouling the last 2 minutes to make them make free throws and they did. It was tied going into the fourth

2 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

1 hour ago, sportslover88 said:

I appreciate your kindness and we have been blessed to win a bunch of games. Does Gibson County have a shot?? yes. Does Westview have a shot?? yes. We can be beat on any given day. AA is loaded so no telling who will win this thing. Westview hit us in the mouth early and honestly I am glad we come together and fought back and won. Gibson County is an underdog, IMO. That is the way we want it. Gatlinburg Pittman, McMinn Central and York had more return than we did so we are not the Vegas Favorites. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I appreciate your kindness and we have been blessed to win a bunch of games. Does Gibson County have a shot?? yes. Does Westview have a shot?? yes. We can be beat on any given day. AA is loaded so no telling who will win this thing. Westview hit us in the mouth early and honestly I am glad we come together and fought back and won. Gibson County is an underdog, IMO. That is the way we want it. 

On a side note, Sims scored 14 of our first 16 points. I wish Kelly would consider her playing both sports in college and just give basketball a try with her softball scholarship lol! Would be fun to see! The kid has a determination and desire that can't be taught no matter what sport she is playing!

11 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

On a side note, Sims scored 14 of our first 16 points. I wish Kelly would consider her playing both sports in college and just give basketball a try with her softball scholarship lol! Would be fun to see! The kid has a determination and desire that can't be taught no matter what sport she is playing!

She was pumped up. Westview's crowd was rolling. I turned around and told my neighbor we might be going to Memphis Saturday Night if we don't shape up quick. I agree she is a great player. I will pull for her in every sport she plays. I hope she can lead the softball team to a World Series. We have been real close. That was a great contest last night. Both crowds were into it big time. Very loud in there. Proud of both programs. I am a Gibson County Fan  but I have always pulled for Westview and West TN at state. I enjoyed watching the Westview girls play hard last night and leave it on the floor. That is what it is all about. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

She was pumped up. Westview's crowd was rolling. I turned around and told my neighbor we might be going to Memphis Saturday Night if we don't shape up quick. I agree she is a great player. I will pull for her in every sport she plays. I hope she can lead the softball team to a World Series. We have been real close. That was a great contest last night. Both crowds were into it big time. Very loud in there. Proud of both programs. I am a Gibson County Fan  but I have always pulled for Westview and West TN at state. I enjoyed watching the Westview girls play hard last night and leave it on the floor. That is what it is all about. 

It's been many years of hard fought battles between Gibson Co and Westview! You can't help but cheer for each other when you don't play for each other because we both have such strong traditions and history vs one another. It was a great crowd and exciting game and felt like the atmosphere was perfect for a regional championship game. Now let's both go take care of business on Saturday and show up to the state tournament as "underdogs" and surprise some people. Gibson Co has a good chance to win it all if they take care of business. Westview shorthanded makes me hesitant to say that but anything could happen and anyone could get hot!

33 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Were you there? Gibson Co didn't have a bad night. Westview just shut down Hart and then kept the ball out of Rivers hands and made the other three beat them. Turner wanted no part in shooting the ball. It ended up being 9 because Westview ended up fouling the last 2 minutes to make them make free throws and they did. It was tied going into the fourth

We don't have a Rivers. I was there & GC had a rough first half - all credit to Westview's game plan.... but Westview only scored 6 points in the 2nd half & 0 in the 4th qtr. The other girls stepped up and showed we can still play & win when Hart only has 11. Westview was definitely fired up in the first with Sims especially. Not sure why we changed our game plan on guarding her & then Riding got 2 quick fouls. I was sure glad to see Riding back on her in the 2nd half. Turner may not shoot a lot, but she does a great job defensively & managing the game.  I hope both teams go to Murfreesboro & do well!

55 minutes ago, Kiddmaximus said:

I’m WV fan and alumni, I feel like GC can win it this year. Hopefully both teams get a favorable draw.btw  Is Huntingdon still in it? Heard they were doing pretty good too.

1 hour ago, sportslover88 said:

Huntingdon with a big win over Cheatham County and has Summertown Saturday Night. On Gibson County we have had a great year in sweeping Westview and Peabody. Never thought we would do that honestly. Back to Westview, I think the Rogers kid is a good player that might be real good next year. Trevathon has improved a bunch as well especially handling ball pressure. Good shooter. To make a deep run for Gibson County and Westview I think the secondary players need to step up even more.

Edited by pioneer42

32 minutes ago, ProudPioneer said:

We don't have a Rivers. I was there & GC had a rough first half - all credit to Westview's game plan.... but Westview only scored 6 points in the 2nd half & 0 in the 4th qtr. The other girls stepped up and showed we can still play & win when Hart only has 11. Westview was definitely fired up in the first with Sims especially. Not sure why we changed our game plan on guarding her & then Riding got 2 quick fouls. I was sure glad to see Riding back on her in the 2nd half. Turner may not shoot a lot, but she does a great job defensively & managing the game.  I hope both teams go to Murfreesboro & do well!

Whoops I meant Riding not Rivers. No doubt Turner is a good defensive player and leader....that was the point I was making. If a team plays Gibson Co defensively like Westview did and then scores more than 6 points in the 2nd half (unlike Westview that got cold) then they beat Gibson Co. That's just my opinion. Nobody wants to handle the ball besides Hart and Riding.

1 hour ago, ProudPioneer said:

Our posts Reeves and Lannom can finish with the best of them. We are going to need them more going forward to make a deep run. More they get going will open up guard play more as well. Gibson County's defense has been the key all year. Very fundamental team. Coaches have done a great job. 

Edited by pioneer42