2024 Smoky Bears #JDIR

Looking @ R2/5A, Sevier County might be able to take Heritage.    And Central has been mediocre the last couple of years.      But other than that I can't see anyone in R1/5A within 30 points of Powell or West.

R2/5A
Central
Halls
Heritage
Powell
West

2 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Looking @ R2/5A, Sevier County might be able to take Heritage.    And Central has been mediocre the last couple of years.      But other than that I can't see anyone in R1/5A within 30 points of Powell or West.

R2/5A
Central
Halls
Heritage
Powell
West

Agreed.  Plow and West=really good.  Central and Heritage=ugh. woof.  not good.

Everyone has different views on this.      Some think that playing the toughest possible schedule and finishing .500 somehow makes you more prepared for the playoffs.       Whether or not Boone plays an easy or hard schedule we still have an early playoff exit every year, the regular season schedule has absolutely zero to do with how we do in the playoffs.     So with that being a given, I have come to the point where I would rather have an easy schedule where we have the opportunity to go 10-0.      If you are going to get bounced early in the playoffs either way then what does it matter?             Sevier County may be a different culture, perhaps adding Powell & West might get SC playoff ready.