Mr/Ms Basketball

When I watched the ceremony the other night it was obvious to me Reese Beaty should have been Miss Basketball   She is the best girls player in entire state regardless of division.  After watching games tonight they for sure did not pick the correct AAA Mr Basketball either. What in the world. Not even close. 

9 hours ago, fentressbb said:

When I watched the ceremony the other night it was obvious to me Reese Beaty should have been Miss Basketball   She is the best girls player in entire state regardless of division.  After watching games tonight they for sure did not pick the correct AAA Mr Basketball either. What in the world. Not even close. 

You watched him play one bad half, he’s led his team to 3 state tournaments, 1 gold ball, ( probably another today) and has 1700 career points, 1,000 rebounds, 500 assists. He’s a walking double double and had a great 2nd half last night which led them win beat Uplerman by 22. Fulton beat Stome Memorial by 40 this year and shut Capps down and Tyler Lee scored 30 lol 

3 hours ago, Bballfan1989 said:

You watched him play one bad half, he’s led his team to 3 state tournaments, 1 gold ball, ( probably another today) and has 1700 career points, 1,000 rebounds, 500 assists. He’s a walking double double and had a great 2nd half last night which led them win beat Uplerman by 22. Fulton beat Stome Memorial by 40 this year and shut Capps down and Tyler Lee scored 30 lol 

Fulton's team is way better than stone - no doubt. It's not a team award. Also in the game you are referring to- check unapproved website. Cade capps was game high scorer and Tyler Lee had 6. Know your info. No disrespect to Tyler   He is a grear player -,just not Mr basketball   The twins outshine him most games. Upper Cumberland got screwed - Reese beaty and cade capps should have won 

Just now, fentressbb said:

Fulton's team is way better than stone - no doubt. It's not a team award. Also in the game you are referring to- check unapproved website. Cade capps was game high scorer and Tyler Lee had 6. Know your info. No disrespect to Tyler   He is a grear player -,just not Mr basketball   The twins outshine him most games. Upper Cumberland got screwed - Reese beaty and cade capps should have won 

Check unapproved website for the game stats. 

10 minutes ago, CASC95 said:

The Upper Cumberland is fortunate to have Upper Cumberland Reporter now because they go to bat for local UC teams. The state media lean towards more city areas in coverage and voting.

The UC reporter is great they do a great service to the athletes there. But until the Gannett news mafia with their mob boss Kreager are out of the mix of naming the finalist and winners it will remain the same. It should be a coaches vote and coaches committee that determines it. It should be handled better and there’s no question about that!

Capps d2 type player, at mid major d1 level would get some minutes as a role player later in career. 

Beaty d1 mid major player will have a good career at right fit.  At Power 5 would get lost in shuffle not high enough ceiling.

It is what it is.

7 hours ago, repoman said:

Capps d2 type player, at mid major d1 level would get some minutes as a role player later in career. 

Beaty d1 mid major player will have a good career at right fit.  At Power 5 would get lost in shuffle not high enough ceiling.

It is what it is.

I was not  talking about level. I was talking about Mr basketball.  He avg 29 and 8 reb  shot great percentages and 95% from ft.  Kid that got it avg 15 and 8 and on the ucr broadcoast they said he was 61% ft shooter. Not mr basketball numbers. Also capps has d1 offers as jr and the other kid does not as a senior  No way it makes sense.  I have watched him play about 10 times and gets doubled and is focused on and still scores. As for Reese beaty I have watched her play 100 times and she can play power 5. Great point guard with strong frame.