whats happening at 189

dederk16

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am seeing a lot of good posts and seems there a couple good 189's out there and looks to be a fun weight to watch at the state tournament. I have not seen any post of 189's in D2, it looks like it will be Greenwood of Ryan and Goodman from MBA both state medal winners from last year if i am correct. The two will probably wrestle up to four more times before the state finals and I think it will be a one point match either way, maybe even always in overtime, Greenwood defeated Goodman in a close match at McCallie and it looks like thats how the whole season will go between the two. What are some future predictions for medal winners in February in D1 and D2?

Lovetowrestle

Yes, the Bradley kid is tough as nails. Tim Freel isn't bad, either. People are blowing him off because of state last year.

Also, don't forget about Leavy Davis. He's already a 2 time placer and has something to prove after last year's loss to Breck Still. Other surprises at 189 will be Denver Moore of Ridgeway and Stewart Schay of Houston. 189 is not as weak as it seems, e.g. 171 last year.