DeBusk @ Claiborne- Anyone seen her play

Chrome

DeBusk is a great shooter, but you have to ask yourself..."what's happening in a game when one player scores 29 points and her teammates only score 2 to 5 points each?" And you've gotta look at the times she went to the line...that's a lot of fouls! Oh, but this game was played on her home turf...and the refs? ... well, I think the number of fouls in that game says it all. The opposing team, Pigeon Forge, only went to the line a total of 14 times the entire game. hmmm? And I don't think they were ever in bonus, while Claiborne County made bonus both halves.

Can't wait to see this game played again at PFHS. ;)

Didn't mean to come across as a sore loser...I guess I was still a little disappointed in the officiating of that game.

If you noticed, my first remark was that "DeBusk is a great shooter." The original post asked if "she had to carry that much scoring weight?" I only meant to point out that she had much more points than her teammates. So, I guess she does have to carry the weight.

And 18 out of 19 free throws...that is very impressive. I haven't seen her stats, but again I say she is an excellent shooter. I didn't see her pass the ball around much though.

[Edited by LadyTigersMom on 12-15-02 10:08P]

She's tough...as soon as someone else shows that they can score too, she'll be even better.

I've already covered three of her games and it's obvious; she's their best player on offense and defense.

But you will see later on that she will miss Katasha Brown and Ashley Keck come tournament time...if no one else develops.

FYI for LadyTigersMom...DeBusk had 35 of 64 against Rutledge the week before CC played PF...and she played the last 10 minutes with 4 fouls. The PF/CC game didn't have (and shouldn't have had) anywhere near the fouls that were whistled in the Rutledge/CC game...59 total (4 DQ's for RHS, 2 for CC).

I think the refs have already heard it from coaches about backing off the touch fouls, because it seemed that they let them play in the last two games I've covered.

Guest PVchics

I play at Powell Valley and I will even say that Abby is awesome! I've played with her in camps my whole life and watched her develope. She's very aggressive, a great ball handler, great shooter, killer at the line, and a great defensive player. Tigersmom sounds like you might be a little jeleous because Abby scored so many on your girls. Its not her fault she can't be guarded! I think u should take a look at the rest of her stats, she is VERY unselfish in the game. She will lead Claiborne to many victories this season. Were 7-2 and one of the losses is credited to Claiborne. Abby has 24 on us and she was the only one in double figures but they still beat us soundly. Don't talk trash about a player you know nothing about. I'm sure anyone whose seen Abby play at all can tell you she's amazing! Good luck Abby! :)