Halls whips Dresden Lions terribly

Guest kenia

halls tigers whipped dresden by 21 points tonight. dane strayhorn and vincent dewalt led the tigers in scoring with twenty a piece while lajoel nance added 12 and jarvis roberts added 8 sealing the victory. the final score was 70-49. the tigers are now 7-0. ;)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are right in getting ready for trenton.they are very scrappy and want quit.halls showed they are not quitter either by make an incredible comeback after watching obion shoot the eyes out.winning a game from behind helps you feel confident even when you are down psychologically.at least in my mind its always been that way.trenton has several seniors back from last year and showed they can play with us on their scrappy play.by playing the likes of obion,adamsville,dyre county and dyresburg twice each time will improve our chances with tournament time.we play mitchell this tuesday night and thwey have some big guys but we took care of them last season.mitchell will bring some athletes to the gym come tuesday night.halls has alot of confidence in there play but will have to prove it on the floor night after night since they went to the state last season.if they want to get there again,they need to keep working on getting better night afer night.

if trenton has the same team they had last year, they won't be able to handle us. We lost ONE of our major scorers. we still have the same team last year with some extra help. so I very seriously doubt that well have to look out for trenton. theyve already lost games. it looks like yall are the ones that need to look out for halls!!!!!!!!!

Halls TIGER LIFE :)

hi kenia.we lost three main starters last season but nance has picked up the pace since those three players are gone.nance has surprised everyone but still not the player that courtney or kingsley was.at least he gives more offense then brandon did last season but not as good on defense as brandon.what do you think about patrick kid coming in late.he looks like he has some potential to do something.maybe with a little more experience he may be able to help us more.trenton gave us scares last season and have 7 returning players from last season.it wouldnt surprise me to see us and trenton in the state this year.

ok. halls lost three players last year, but only one was a main shooter (COURTNEY). if andy pugh gives kingsley permission to come back, he'll be back after christmas break. brandon only played goo defense and marquez mckinney didn't get that much playing time towards the end of the season. so the only player we really hated to loose was COURTNEY! i hope kingsley gets to come back. then i know for sure we will be on top in the district and the regionals. DO YOU THINK ANDY PUGH SHOULD LET KINGSLEY COME BACK???

Halls Tiger Fan 4 Life :)

i sure hope so.i went to school with kingsleys mom.i dont know what all happened there but sure hope he gets another chance to play.if kingsley is back,that gives us another great scoring threat.but trenton is still a dangerous team and want quit too easy.if kingsley is allowed to play again,then,this will increae our chances to be even better.wow.you got to remember we dont have much depth and if we get kingsley back,that will give us more scoring and a true point guard.dane can handle the point when he needs to play it but kingsley can break down the defense on penetration as well as shoot the three point shot.when kingsley drives to the basket and teams have to close hom out,that will leave dane open and he is deadly from three point range as well as a great driver to the basket and can make people foul and live on the free throw line.i hope he gets another shot.i volunteered as a coach with 5th and 6th graders when dane and kingsley were playing in the youth league as well as vincen as well.those kids were special i thought at the time and its paid off in the longrun.i have not heard anything on official rankings.have you heard anything?

I'm glad you mentioned the youth leagues in Halls. That's the greatest thing that the Halls program could have come up with. I wished we had one before I played. It has really accelerated the program to a state contender level. I applaud you for being a part of it.

I wish we could get an official poll from somewhere also. (Especially if it has Halls at #1 like Gomad's poll). They are very deserving of #1 status finally..

Trenton is a dangerous team, if Halls overlooks them they will not be #1 for long. Trenton has size, depth, speed, experience, scoring ability, and are very well coached. Halls is solid also, it should be a good matchup each gam they play. As far as Obion goes this year they will nothave a 500 record. If Greer stays though they will in the near future. The Obion victories are not that great.