Giles County Basketball

smokeyvol1

I read alot of remarks about Giles County show boating. I have been to three games this year and I have not seen any player show boating! What I have seen is a team showing their talent! If an alley-oop or straight dunk is showing off to you, then you must not like watching talent. When a player like Tyler comes down the court on a fast break and dunks on a team, then on the next possession he pulls up for a three he is showing all that he is a very versitile player. I also read on here that they are a bunch of individuals and can not play as a team. How do you figure? Our best player is averaging 15 points a game and we are averaging 70+ ppg. They love the assist as much as scoring.And I can also tell you that these guys just like to hang out together, in school and away. I will have to agree with some about the sportsmanship thing, only not with the team. There are some on here who back G/C, that give off a bad light on the team and for that and that only I apologize. Good luck to all teams this season and Merry Christmas to all. ;)

I have been to two Giles County games so far this season and I have to say that I have not seen no such acts of show boating. What I have saw is wonderful players playing the game of basketball to the level that they are able to play at. If you people think that Tyler Smith dunking on someone on a fast break or dunking over someone on an alley-oop is showing off. Well it is showing off, that is of his talents and that is all. Maybe you people just dont realize how good this team is or maybe you all just do not want to admit that they are that good. But trust me that I have not seen no such acts of showing off other than showing off their god given talents to play the game of basketball the way it was meant to be played. Oh, by the way before all of you start saying that I am just saying this because I am from Giles, you need to realize I am from the town of Loretto!!!!!! ;):):)

I am from Giles County and I can't agree more w/ the first two posts in this thread. GCHS is truely talented as a team, but on every board you go to in here that mentions GCHS, all you here is how much they show boat on the floor. I have found myself, at times, stooping as low as the people that posts these messages by replying to them w/ smart remarks. Why would anyone try to take something away from this team, because they dunk when the opportunity is there, or they pull up and take the three when they are up by 15 or 20. I have never seen this team show any form of show boating on the floor. If dunking is show boating, someone ought to tell Kobe Bryant, Shaq, and MJ that is poor sportsmanship. Why doesn't everyone wake up and give credit where credit is due. To baseballer22, I wish you guys the best of luck on Tuesday.

Well thank you for wishing us luck come Tuesday. I am really looking forward to comming to Giles to watch may third game of theirs. Giles has a really great team that plays ball the way it is supposed to be played. I have always enjoyed watching a team that runs the break and finishing with a great dunk or not being afraid to pull and shot the three. I hope we will have a great game come Tuesday night at Giles.