bradley invitational

rcpatriot

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, the Bradley Invitational will be characterized by a complete lack of competition while on the other side of town, one of the toughest tournaments in the Southeast will be going on at McCallie. It is a shame that the only time Bradley will compete against private schools is by holding their tournament the same date as the McCallie Invitational. They should save themselves the embarrassment of producing such a weak tournament and change the date.

If you want to see a blowout this weekend, Bradley is the place to be; however, if you want to see some of the best wrestlers in the entire Southeast, then be at McCallie!

Hey Blue.....after your last post I sure hope you're feeling superior now. It is funny how people like you on these boards worry more about what others do or not do instead of just taking care of and minding their own business. Maybe that was the problem when East Ridge beat McCallie??????

[Edited by sly on 12-16-02 8:59A]

I try to stay on the sidelines on this debate but messages like yours really burn me. I've talked to enough Bradley people to come to understand that part of the reason Bradley chooses not to wrestle McCallie is the pompus attitude of "some" of thier supporters. I have also taked to enough McCallie people to know that most of them have respect for Bradley and what they have accomplished.

As far as you slamming Bradley's tournament; you may want to use part of that McCallie education and check your math. In last years' Mccallie tournament there were 17 eventual Tennessee placewinners including 5 champions and 3 runnner ups. In last years' Bradley Invitational; there were 19 eventual Tennessee placewinners including 6 champions and 5 runner ups.

SB

i dont know anything about the bradley tourn., but the mccallie tourn. is loaded. the #1 team form florida is coming, curently ranked #30 in the country. the #1 team from georgia and alabama. as well as a host of good tennessee teams. i wish bradley would come to the mcallie tourn. it would be one of the best tourn. in the nation. but i do understand mccallie and bradley's differences.

Silverbullet - I have no interest in comparing the 2 tournys but your state finalist numbers are incorrect. In the McCallie tourny much of the field travels in from other states. You stated that only 5 state champs and 3 runners up were at McCallie. Possibly you mean from only the TN D1 state tourny. The factual numbers were that 35 state champions and 34 state runner ups competed, that's almost 5 state finalists per weight class. I believe that 13 of the 14 D2 champs were there. A far cry from 5 and 3. If I recall correctly, Darrin McKnight's senior year where he finished 3rd (3X TN state champ never won the McCallie tourny), there were 5 returning state champions in his weight. Kevin Ward was only able to win it one time compared to 3 state championships. I think most informed wrestling suporters would agree that it is considered one of the most competitive tournys in the southeastern United States. Definately tougher than either the D1 or D2 TN state tournys. p.s. I really enjoy your rankings.

still haven't gotten my questions answered. i didn't mean to stir-up a hornets nest. i just wanted to find out who will be at the bradley tourn. this weekend. i come from the d-1 side and, although i am interested in seeing top notch matches, i motive for wanting info. on the bradley tourn. is simply to scout competition. granted, based on the previous post in this thread, sounds like i should be headed to mccallie. no offense silverbullet! but, at this point in the season, i am only interested in seeing what competition my wrestlers will be up against at the state tournament.

AGAIN - I try to stay out of this and I am. This is my last comment on the subject.

I DID NOT say the Bradley tournament had a better overall field than the McCallie Tournament. My comments were in regard to TENNESSEE wrestlers only.

Walkenvol

- call Coach Logsdon. Convince him to combine the tournaments into one at UTC. Bradley usually has around 20 teams and McCallie has 24. Another 20 would probably come. We could have 14 full 64 man brackets with no pigtails and full wrestle backs for 8 places. Bradley and McCallie could split the money. It would certainly be one of the top tournaments in the country.

It could be called the Silverbullet Invitational. It has a nice ring to it...don't you think?

[Edited by Silverbullet on 12-16-02 11:56A]