mcCallie inv.

Rabbitt

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cardinal Gibbons was ranked in the pre-season as the #2 team in the SE, behind Bros Martin of La. Their excuse was that they overscheduled by two matches, which is lame in itself, since any coach could have have worked out tri-meets or quads if he really wanted to come. The word we hear is that they're not nearly as good as the ranking had them. They've already lost once, winning only four matches in a dual in Miami, and they are barely winning others. They'll not be invited back, especially after teams like Clarksville and Atlanta's Lassiter were turned down after the field was full.

Still the tournament looks to be incredibly tough as usual; teams that are favored include McEachern(top ranked in Ga, with 10 Srs.), host McCallie, Father Ryan(winner of both Dual tourneys and unbeaten thus far, Soddy Daisy, Baylor, MBA, Vestavia (Ala), Collins Hill(last yr's Ga state champs), plus a ton of great match-ups. Maybe we'll see Manson and Dunning at 103, and James and Leen in the finals at 119, but many others as well.

whatever you wanna call it. im proud of kyle and love watching him wrestle. i think he is the best in the state. this is an opinion board and people say what they think and i say what i think, someone asked who would win each weight at the mccallie tourn. and i said what i thought. i spend a lot of time working with kyle and i think hes the best. if he was a heaveyweight, he would be the best heavyweight in the state. i see leen, dunning, cordell, manson, and all kinds of other peoples names all on this board. does that mean someones obsessed with them? i like to get on here and say what i think, just like everyone else does. i dont say anything bad about know one. if people dont think kyle will win the mccallie tourn., or if he's not the best in the state, then that is their opinion. im excited to watch kyle this weekend. kyle and leen will be a match that a lot of people have been waiting for. both are great wrestlers and good guys, but if you ask me kyle will win.

Rabbit, if you enjoy posting to this board, be prepared for the insults unless you want to post along the lines of "everybody is fantastic, I respect every coach, program, wrestler, etc". Post what you think, respond to the on topic posts, and simply ignore the petty insults directed at you. This weekend will certainly go a long way toward proving you right or wrong about Kyle. If he beats J-leen, then your position is more valid. But if you are basing your opinion on last year, I think you are overstating Kyle's performance. In last year's state semis, he beat Elee Puckett (somp from Gibbs) 5-3 and won the final 6-4 over Danny Coleman (somp Clev). By no means could this be considered "dominate" or "best ever". Recall that Matt Keller as a freshman beat the defending senior champ Brewster. Kyle is a fine wrestler and a fun young man and I am looking forward to watching him this weekend. Don't forget that there is a 119 lb from Collins Hill who just beat Cordell, Cody Cleveland, and probably several other tough competitors also. A J-leen/James finals is by no means a lock IMHO.

[Edited by walkenvol on 12-18-02 12:13P]

yea im looking forward to the match between kyle and leen. but 119 is a tuff weight. it has the collins hill kid that beat cordell last week, kyle james, jordan leen,cody cleveland, mceachern's 119 was runnder-up in the state last year. kyle defeated him 6-3 last week and just for the record kyle also defeated the collins hill kid last year. but it was a good match. your right about kyles close matches in the state, but its hard to wrestle people that run from you. kyle was only scored on 2x last year with the exception of him letting people up. that has to be considered one of the great 103lbs. yes coleman was a freshman, but he is a year older than kyle. kyle will be 17 when he graduates. none of that matters. hopefully we will see some good wrestling this weekend. the mccallie inv. is always the best tourn. of the year.