mcCallie inv.

Rabbitt

2001 - Patrick Simpson, 125 (MBA)

2000 - Kevin Ward, 160 (Soddy Daisy)

1999 - *co-winners* Matt McCarty, 140 (Clarksville) & J.T. Hagen, 160 (McCallie)

1998 - **Joe Clarke, 135 (Westminster)

1997 - Heath Vickers, 160 (NW Whitfield)

**If they had known then what they know now, it could just as easily have gone to Leslie Morrow (Sequoyah) since he beat Phillip Simpson (MBA) when they were at 112. Wasn't Phillip Simpson's high school record 149-1? And in '99, instead of co-winners, wouldn't you think it would have gone to Phillip? He beat Morrow when they were at 125. Both were 2x State Champs by then.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on these, but I'm pretty sure about them.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 McEachern

2 Father Ryan (5 or 6 points behind)

3 Collins Hill &

McCallie

5 Ringgold

6 Soddy

7 MBA

8 Westminster

9 East Ridge

10 Red Bank

11 Baylor

Most Pins - Andrew Crawford(Ringgold)

Best Match - 125 finals: Silberman(McC) d Newsome(McE)

Best Wrestler - Raymond Dunning(Ryan)

the brackets on line are complete except for the finals.

surprises (or not) -

all georgia finals at 103 (McEachern d Collins Hill) - where were manson, white and dunning?

119 - james almost didn't make the finals, winning the semi in double OT (good tough match in the finals, tho)

125 - mat bird (with only one hannd) came within a point of silberman in the semi's

135 - lane beat manley and gooden on the way to 1st

145 - scott over marable in the finals

152 - 4th seed jeffers(ER) won, upsetting connell(who ended up 6th!) in the semi's

160 & 171 - ringgold's blankenship & flinn (of course)

275 - crosby had to go to double overtime to win and almost lost it at the end of regulation on a missed shot - against tiller(collins hill)

Tnwrestler, here is the brackets I think it took them a few mintues to get it updated. http://www.mccallie.org/athlet/index.htm, if that doesnt work just go to mccallie's website and you can find it. I think the tournament met everyones expectations, some good close matches. It looks like Father Ryan exceeded a couple expectations by beating a tough Mccallie squad, and the Georgia team was for real. Congratulations to all the medal winners and all the teams that competed. There are going to be some good rematches to look forward too!

Lovetowrestle

yes, the on-line brackets are only complete thru the championship semi's and consolation qtr's at this time.

no, i don't have much more info (sorry). i got too excited over a match i was related to.

this is what i do have:

Prater(McE) d Knapp(CH) 10-7 - 1st

Dunning(Ryan) over Goins(Ring) - 3rd

Manson(Bay) over Alsobrook(CB) - 5th

Hiller(Ryan) d Simpson(MBA) 4-1 - 1st

Garner(WA) over Gooden(RB) - 3rd

Fuller(SD) over Roberts(Ring) - 5th

Leen(Bay) d James(SD) 3-0 - 1st

Parker(CH) over Cleveland(McC) - 3rd

Johnson(McE) over Howell(West) - 5th

Silberman(McC) d Newsome(McE) 8-2 - 1st

Bird(ER) d ? 12-6 - 3rd

Dunning(Ryan) md Smith(McC) 8-0 - 1st

Furman(RB) over ? - 3rd

Lane(SD) over Gooden(RB) - 1st

Manley(McC) d Lukacs(CH) 8-5 - 3rd

? - 1st

Myers(Ryan) over Wright(ER) - 3rd

Scott(McC) over Marable(CB) - 1st

Jeffers(ER) d Leet(West) 3-1 OT - 1st

Blankenship(Ring) over Slusher(CH) - 1st

Flinn(Ring) over Marable(CB) - 1st

?

Crawford(Ring) p Williams(MBA) - 1st

Crosby(Green) d Tiller(CH) 2-1 DOT - 1st

Ahem.....no offense to all the "talkers"..(and God knows there's a lot of them on here!) but what did I say about Fr. Ryan?...not too shabby, #1 in Div.ll Tennessee, congrats to the "Mc" team in Georgia, good wrestling

I'd also like to thank Gordon Connell, it was a smoothly run tourney,(only one complaint...turn the air on - when that many people are together there is nothin but heat generated and the air needs to kick in - seriously....us fans are gettin old we need to keep cool :)FRHS had the air turned on last year and it was well needed and well appreciated by the fans) Thanks again for a wonderful tournament Gordon, and one more time.......Go Irish

FRHS is at least a decent team I hope the rest concede...if not, well, we hope to see you soon. Way to go Hiller....you are one tough MOFO....and to Raymond...I'm coming to see you wrestle for the first time very soon. I'm starting to think FRHS can win the dual match against MBA...........What do you MBA fans think?

[Edited by frhsrules on 12-22-02 1:26A]

[Edited by frhsrules on 12-22-02 1:28A]