Clarksville Ballers

dafuture

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if I had to give some Hardware out right now this would be how it goes.

Antwon Harris(Kenwood)-Best player in the city

Calvin Carter(Northeast)-Offensive player of the year

Drake Reed(Northeast)/James Bolden(Rossview)-Both of these guys are sophmores and they are very talented.They both have BIG upsides and should be playing high D-1 ball.

Mike Sampson(Kenwood)-Hardest Worker

Derrick Henson(Rossview)-Best Shooter and tied for best defender

Quinn Bradley(Clarksville)-Best on ball defender

Tario Frederick(Clarksville)/Tre Trotter(Rossview)/Kevin Townley(Northwest)-Most unselfish players

Brandon Burney(Mont.Central)-Most Talented

Jake Liverett(Mont.Central)-Most Improved

My MVP right now in the early season is Haven Davis from Rossview. His numbers dont lie averaging close to a double double with his team getting a big win over Hnery Co last friday night. Calvin Carter would be a close second but Davis has played steady on a less talented Rossview squad.

Remember its still early so you never know who'll emerge as the city's best considering none of the city schools have played each other.

Dafuture, have you been reading the paper, are even looked at the News, do you watch Press Box, on your top 10, you for got Carter & Townley, their names been all through the News paper and Press Box, but thats your opinion!!!! Which I think you do have a Nice Top 10!!!!!! I'll take them, but here's mine!!!!!

In the most part I agree with TNBBALL, he pretty much on it, Thomas Haynes made my top 10 off of reputation, He's has not been the outstanding player I throught he be at this point, but he is picking up the pace!!!!

Carter 2G, Harris SF, Sampson 2G, Haynes2G, Townley PG, Burney 2G/PG, Bradley 2G, Reed SF, Newell BF, Davis 2G,

Honorable mention: Frederick, Trotter, Henson, Tuck, I like some many players it really hard to say, but these are the players who stick out in my mind. This is my opinion, and by far I'm not always right, so please don't be up-set at this, this is only a opinion!!!!

I really can't tell until this teams play each other, then I'll feel better about my TOP 10!!!!!!

Yo I like the clarksville ballers that are on ya'lls list but i think some of you out there forgot about my boys Will Newell and Quiten Partee from northwest. With these two talented players down low, it's hard to control the boards and score if your the opposing team.

Yo who do you'll think has the best bench in clarksville or just around the area?

Hey well CROSSUP, I thought about putting Haynes on the list just because of his name but I figured I cant start politicing. As much as I love watch Thomas Haynes and a few of the other vikings I cant select him to any early season Hardware because hes not dserving of it. The surprise has definitely be Haven Davis from Rossview. The disappointment has been Mike Sampson, I knew that he would come out and steam the competition. Calvin Carter isnt a surprise he can just Flat Out Score and in a hurry. Brandon Burney is handling the competition about like I thought. He is a baller that's for sure. Drake Reed has meshed well in 10-AAA, its a lot different from A but if you can hoop then it doesnt matter and this kid can hoop. Townley-Newell is the only thing Northwest has right now..well anything consistency, until Hanyes gets his head together. I didnt have any hardware to name for Newell other than Honorable Mention because he is playing hard and with consistency. So Newell should have been most consistent.

Guest ClarksvilleFan

TNBball and Crossup,

Good lists here is mine in order

Calvin Carter

Antwon Harris

Drake Reed

Kevin Townley

Deric Henson

Brandon Burney

Quinn Bradley

Will Newell

Alex Bowers

Hon Mention

Mike Sampson

Quinton Partee

I can't wait to see some of these teams hook up. It will be exciting and the rankings will become more clear.

Everybody on here has good posts. So I guess I'll throw my 2Cents in and give my opinion. Here are my top 10 list for the ballers in Clarksville. These ain't in any order.

1. Antwon Harris

2. Calvin Carter

3. Micheal Sampson

4. Derrick Henson

5. Thomas Haynes

6. Will Townely

7. Quinn Bradly

8. Haven Davis

9. Jamel Hunt

10.Drake Reed

[Edited by 2Cents on 12-18-02 10:09A]

[Edited by 2Cents on 12-18-02 10:12A]

Yes, Dallas is very talented..What remains to be seen is how hard he works and how far he goes with that talent. Obviously that is Haven Davis that made that post, you being a SR should take responsibility in getting DJs head on straight and making sure he takes care of business because the Talent is obviously there.

One other thing, good win the other night. I wish you guys at Rossview the best. Dont rest on one big win keep winning!!

Antwan Harris is my clear #1...............................

Harris is the leading AAA scorer in Clarksville; I have him at 19.4 ppg (though I've heard he is actually closer to 21ppg). 'Twan is also averaging a double-double, and is an absolute PLAYER......

Carter would have to be my #2 right now, as he has really been producing, and plays for the best team in the District..... Carter is averaging 18.9 ppg, and is a pure scorer.....

Mike Sampson is my #3 player, though he slumped early in the year, but is averaging 24.5 ppg in his last two games...... Sampson is also close to averaging a double-double, at 8.3 rpg..... Sampson is the most versatile player in the District....

It gets a little more difficult for me after those three.....

Drake Reed is playing very good ball, and may be my #4 pick, averaging 12.9 ppg as just a soph....

Brandon Burney is playing very well, but is doing it against very weak competition.... I don't know what Burney is averaging, but I'm guessing it's around 20ppg.....

Thomas Haynes is an all around player who I love his game, but hasn't been producing this year...

Townley, Newell, Trotter, Frederick, Davis, Henson, Bowers, and Tuck are all talented players, who I would like to see more.....