Smyrna 79 - Kenwood 58

gomab2

Smyrna won tonight handily over an under-manned Kenwood club 79-58.....

This game was, however, full of highlights and outstanding individual performances, but in the end, Kenwood didn't have enough bodies to compete with Smyrna......

-Antwan Harris, Kenwood... Looked outstanding tonight, slashing his way to 27 points, 5 rebounds, 5 steals, 3 blocks, and 3 assists, on 10-13 shooting. Anwan was outstanding in all aspects of his game, yet still didn't touch the ball enough. 'Twan is missing only a 3pt shot to his arsenal, but can hit the mid-range, handle the rock in transition and on the perimeter, and slash with the best of them.......

-Kenyonna Swader, Smyrna... Showed tonight EXACTLY why he is a Top 5 player in the Senior Class, finishing with 23 points (like Antwan hit 10-13 FG), 7 rebounds, 4 assists, and 4 steals. Swader is an ELITE passer, and ran PG most of the game. Swader, too needs to show he can hit the outside shot, but is an exceptional player who's talent is limitless.........

-Mike Sampson, Kenwood... Was an absolute monster, and as versatile as any player in Middle Tn. Mike tallied amazing numbers of 23 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals, on 11-19 shooting. Mike is an amazing competitor who rebounds with anyone, and has a PURE stroke from 18 and in, whether off the dribble or off the pass. He sure looked like a D-1 player tonight, and some lucky school may gamble on just that.........

-Antwan and Mike combined for 50 of Kenwood's 58 points. These two are an amazing duo, and they simply need some help from one or two other players to step up......

-Smyrna PG Eric Lyons was tough all night distributing the rock, tallying a game-high 9 assists.....

-Smyrna Sr F Kyle Berrier tallied 18 points and 4 boards in the win.....

-Smyrna Sr F Brett Warner was in foul trouble and was plagued by a sore back most of the night, and finished with 11 points and 6 boards, on 7-9 Free-throws.......

I agree, that Smyrna's apparent weakness is Guard play, but there is still a huge gap between Smyrna's and Kenwood's guards, even with leading G scorer Chad Caldwell out with an ankle injury........ Jr's #11 Eric Lyons and #12 (?) are very solid, and defend well. I really do like #12, who got the start tonight. He is aggressive, athletic, and can shoot the rock as well. These two, along with Caldwell, are why Smyrna is 9-0, becuase the strong point of the team was obviously the frontline of 6'4 Berrier, 6'8 Swader, and 6'9 Warner.......

I'll tell you what, though.....when a fire is started under Kenyonna, he is a PLAYER..... He and Sampson have a fiery, friendly rivalry, and both really showed out tonight.... Kenyonna had THREE MONSTEROUS dunks tonight, posterizing two unnamed Knights....

Mike is alwasy soooooo impressive to me. I will be very dissapointed if a D-1 school doesn't take a chance on him.... He can flat out play the game......

Antwan is a truly Special player.... He is going to be such a star at the next level, as he continues to develop a consistent 3pt shot.... He simply knows how to play the game. He is a true WF, but even more than that, he is just a PLAYER......

Its a shame Kenwood and guard play, 50 out of 58 points is impressive at any level, MIKE, and ANTWAN are so good, and they need to at least touch the ball on every position, and if they don't Kenwood will not be a 500 team,,,,

What a shame, for a team to have so much talent & so little, See Mikes been reading this Message board, yall are making him explode!!!!

BIG_UPz to Harris & Sampson for at least showing up,,,,, I'm proud of your perfomance!!!!!! Only thing about Kenwood not having strong guards-Clarksville full of them, thats the only team seem to miss that blessing!!!!