A SAD day in Tennessee HS Basketball......

gomab2

figbar, don't you think that IF dc's superintendent's wife lost her job at d-burg, she could easily find another teaching job (in the dc system, perhaps?)??? to my knowledge, sam miles is not the superintendent of d-burg nor the principal at the school where she works. don't give miles more credit than is due. miles may be on the TSSAA board, but rest assured he does not run the show with the d-burg school board.

also, i find it very interesting that the majority of these posts contain comments that all dc fans are in support of keeping hopkins. there ARE those out there that believe it is time for hopkins to go along with his dishonest, double talking, cheating ways. if he does not, it will only mean a more negative affect on the student body and the community. he is a man who believes rules do not apply to him and/or he is above them. he understood the sanctions last spring and very blatently violated them by scrimmaging. history repeats itself. he will likely cheat again. i for one am not obsessed with the theory "everyone else is doing it" my motto is to take care of business at home and the rest will take care of itself.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest photojeff

ballman, have you ever copied software, an audio recording, printed a copyright photo,taken anything from an employer, driven under the influence, taken someone else's prescription. I could go on...here is your quote...

"he is a man who believes rules do not apply to him and/or he is above them. he understood the sanctions last spring and very blatently violated them by scrimmaging."

If you break a rule or law it's going to effect more than just you! A rule is a rule and a law is a law. Look, Butch has been at Dyer Co. nine years. And there's been only four violations. And since Brentwood won it's lawsuit, the bus incident om null and void. That leaves three. Three in the history of the school. Where this thing is wrong has been the penalities handed down by the TSSAA.

Shooter I agree, the Brentwood case has changed the whole thing. The bus thing is null and void, besides they paid for that. The fight was paid for with the playe suspensions. C. Jones was not Butch's fault, they had the OK. That leaves the Scrimmage in which the only problem with that is DC was possibly on probation when they should not have been, per Brentwood, to begin with.

ballman, let me tell you something. Dyersburg has more infractions on them, than DC can dream up. That tells me how much you know about the situation. Everytime you tell TSSAA about it, Sam Miles got the ok to do it. Sam Miles has no business on the TSSAA Board, period. End of discussion. Another thing, what school principle turns in something on his neighboring county school. You don't see Union City doing it to Obion Co.,or Halls doing it to Ripley,or any of the other neighboring school doing it to each other. Just Dyersburg doing it to DC. DC has not turn in anything on Dyersburg to my knowledge. They have the goods on them, to do it too. Butch has not done anything that Dyersburg coaches have not done themselves. Sam Miles is getting a name for himself alright and so is Dyersburg. BIG FAT JEALOUS CRYBABIES!!!

[Edited by figbar on 12-30-02 10:16P]

figbar, hmm, testy, testy, i see i hit a nerve. no comment on the ridiculous suggestion that the dc super. is afraid that his wife will lose her job??? reread the post which you made that comment and stop and think for just a minute how ludicrous that sounds. i would assume that surely, maybe, possibly her husband would hire her . . . ya think??? no time for name calling, only small, immature children resort to such tactics. wha, wha, wha . . .

Guest jockrock2003

Dyer County beats Dyersburg in football, baseball, girls basketball but nobody from Dyersburg cries about recruiting. Now all of a sudden Dyersburg is only crying because of the great boys basketball program at Dyer County and their jealous? How stupid does one have to be? Butch Hopikins has a history with the TSSAA while at other schools. Ask any coach outside of Dyer County and they will fill you in. If Obion County came into Union City and tried to get athelets right in the open, I would bet that they would be reported, especially if it happended over a several year time. I have no doubt about what is going on simply because that two seperate middle school coaches in counties next to yours told me out of their mouths that Butch had contacted their players to get them to come to Dyer County. If it happened there, then I do no doubt any claims that Dyersburg would have. It sure does not look like Dyersburg is jealous it looks more like that Dyer County can't stand to loose to Dyersburg

Guest beavers2781

WHEN DYER COUNTY WAS LOSING TO DYERSBURG IN ALL SPORTS DYERSBURG WAS HAPPY.WEHN DYERSBURG GIRLS WAS PLAYING IN THE STATE TOURNAMENTS DYER COUNTY FANS SUPPORTED THEM BY GOING TO THE GAMES AND ROOTING FOR THEM.WHEN DYERSBURG FOOTBALL TEAM WAS PLAYING IN THE STATE PLAYOFFS THERE WERE DYER COUNTY FANS THERE TOO AND WHEN THEY WENT TO NASHVILLE TO PLAY PEARL COHN THERE WERE PEOPLE WHO WENT WITH THEM FROM DYER COUNTY.WHEN DYER COUNTY WAS UNDEFEATED LAST YEAR AND WENT TO HALLS AND GOT BEAT DYERSBURG WAS HAPPY AND APPLAUDED CAUSE THEY LOST.WHEN DYER COUNTY LOST TO DYERSBURG THIS YEAR IN FOOTBALL DYER COUNTY TOOK THE LOSS AND WENT ON.WHEN DYERSBURG WON THE FIRST BOYS CONTEST DYER COUNTY TOOK THE LOSS AND WENT ON.THEN WHEN DYERSBURG BOYS LOST AND THE GIRLS WON THIS TIME IT WAS EVEN.

I WENT TO DYER COUNTY HOLIDAY CLASSIC AND I SAW SEVERAL FANS FROM DYERSBURG I WAS WANDERING WHY THEY DIDN'T GO TO MARTIN TO ROOT FOR THEIR TEAMS.IT WAS A GREAT HOLIDAY TOURNAMENT.THEY HAD THE CALIBER OF TEAMS THAT MADE IT GREAT.

WHILE I WAS AT THE TOURNAMENT THE SUPERTINDENT SAT IN FROM OF ME.AND IT SEEMED HIM,HIS WIFE AND THE PERSON THAT WAS WITH THEM ENJOYED THE GAME.

I REMEMBER SOME OF THE KIDS THAT HAVE PLAYED FOR DYER COUNTY PLAY IN JUNIOR HIGH AND I SAW THE ATTITUDE OF THESE KIDS AND WHEN THEY WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL I SAW THEIR ATTITUDE CHANGE. WHY?CAUSE OF THE COACHING STAFF.I WENT TO SEVERAL GAMES AND SAW BUTCH TAKING THE KIDS OVER AND TALKING TO THEM NOT YELLING AT THEM.BUTCH IS A WELL RESPECTED TEACHER AND COACH AND A VERY NICE MAN TO TALK TOO.HE DOESN'T THINK OF HIMSELF TO BETTER THAN ANYONE.HE HAS CHANGED A LOT OF KIDS AND I DON'T THINK HE TEACHES HIS KIDS THAT PLAY FOR HIM TO CHEAT.

TO SUM IT ALL UP I WANT TO SAY THIS.WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN IS DYER COUNTY AND DYERSBURG WILL NO LONGER PLAY EACH OTHER IN SPORTS,NORTH VIEW AND DYERSBURG MIDDLE SCHOOL WON'T PLAY EITHER AND WHAT IS THAT GOING TO CAUSE FRICTION IN THE COMMUNITY BETWEEN CHURCH MEMEBERS,CO WORKERS AND FRIENDS.I DON'T HAVE A CHILD THAT PLAYS FOR DYER COUNTY BUT I GO TO THE GAMES CAUSE I ENJOY SPORTS. ;)

ballman, look what you said. You are agreeing with me, by saying that she could get rehired by her husband. In other words he would fire her. As for the name calling, if the shoe fits WEAR IT. With Sam Miles on the TSSAA Board, this causes a Conflict of Interest, do you not agree on that? If you don't see that , you are blind. If I was a lawyer this would be a great angle for a lawsuit.

[Edited by figbar on 12-30-02 10:39A]

Hey, you're right...how stupid does one have to be. The main reason Dyer Co. has been successful in basketball has not been the recruiting. Jon Morris, Perry Powell, Montrelle Crittenden, and Brian Fisk all came from the north end of the County. All coaches try to get the best players. I, too have talked to other coaches...and know for a fact that Whitby, Brown (gone in their house) and even Counce (Halls) has asked players from other areas to come play for them. I will be the first to say that Butch has his fault's, but then we all do. I still say that the penalities handed down to Dyer County was not equal to what other schools have received for the same violations. I just like to watch good basketball. I try to back all the teams in the District...Martin, Union City, Westview, Gibson Co. and Dyer County. We have a great distric for basketball and football.