Who will be Dyer County's new coach???

BamaNutt1

I still can't understand why he has to step down. The TSSAA has not put out anything on the scrimmage with Milan. Courtney Jones has already sit out the required number of games. Granted Butch held a scrimmage during a time in which he said that he wouldn't, but to force him to resign or to keep the school from post season play? Isn't that little harse? I mean, look at what some other schools have done. Covington has had more than their share of infractions. And to bring an eighth grade student to a early morning shoot around at the high school and then take her back to school. (and there is proof of this) Are those not violations? Of course they are. They have just not been told on. Maybe if the DC administration won't act of some of these infractions, maybe someone else should go to the TSSAA. Infractions of TSSAA rules can be turned in by anybody, not just school officials.

I for one am not ready to say goodbye to Butch just yet!

I still can't understand why he has to step down. The TSSAA has not put out anything on the scrimmage with Milan. Courtney Jones has already sit out the required number of games. Granted Butch held a scrimmage during a time in which he said that he wouldn't, but to force him to resign or to keep the school from post season play? Isn't that little harse? I mean, look at what some other schools have done. Covington has had more than their share of infractions. And to bring an eighth grade student to a early morning shoot around at the high school and then take her back to school. (and there is proof of this) Are those not violations? Of course they are. They have just not been told on. Maybe if the DC administration won't act of some of these infractions, maybe someone else should go to the TSSAA. Infractions of TSSAA rules can be turned in by anybody, not just school officials.

I for one am not ready to say goodbye to Butch just yet!

I am not picking sides and I do agree it is a loss for Dyer County IF Butch is to step down, but there is evidence rules were broken and punishment should be awarded. Look back a few years ago with the Gibson County program. They were banned from post season play for transfer infractions and they were not even on probation. Their situation was even considered in the best interest of those transfered athletes but it was a broken rule. Rules are given to keep order and ALL must obey. Think of the chaos if they weren't. If a program is on probation and have certain infractions and they still blatantly break them that is pure defiance with no respect for order. If you teach kids to disrespect the law, then what is to keep them from seeing wrong in shoplifting, burgarly, murder, etc. Do you not want order in your everyday life? We all do. Most lessons learned are not reflected on the scoreboard or court.