AAA East TN top 15 -- 12/22/02

chill

AAA

1) Cleveland (10-1) no losses since football,vs Fulton/26th

2) Bradley Central(10-1) 1st loss in OT vs Oakland

3) Science Hill(8-1) beat DB & G'ville, lost to Will Blount

4) Maryville(9-1) lost to Farragut, test vs DB @ Arby's

5) Bearden (9-0) good comp at Super 16(Howard,Clev,Fulton)

6) Chatt Central(9-1) lost to Hixson, beat Brainerd

7) Dobyns Bennett(6-2) vs Maryville on 26th @ Arby's

8) Rhea County(15-2) lost to Science Hill & Cleveland

9) Daniel Boone(7-0) find ways to win, competition ?

10)Brainerd(6-3)good win vs Howard, vs Elizabethton @ Arby's

11) Greeneville(8-3), tough schedule, vs Powell -- 27th

12) Powell(7-2), beat Anderson County and Tenn High

13) Oak Ridge(7-5) beat AE, played Bradley close missing 2 starters

14) McMinn County(6-2) beat McMinn Central

15) Morristown East & William Blount

East is loaded in AAA......

Is Science Hill better than Maryville? If so, D-B has a real good shot at a rematch with SH in the 2nd round. D-B lost @ SH in a game the Indians totally dominated until the last 2 min. Nobody who was at that game will say that SH is the better of the 2 teams, if they do, there lying, and they know it. Rankings will take care of themselves. This is fun stuff though, I am glad we have this site to yak it up. High School B-Ball is a heck of a lot of fun.

Roll Tribe in the Arby's!! And Merry Christmas to everyone.

The only reason Science Hill is ahead of Maryville is the schedule they have played. While Maryville was playing at the Seymour Turkey tourney and against Knox area teams, the Hill was playing against Oak Ridge, Greeneville, William Blount etc at Jeff County. They also played 15-2 Rhea County and DB. Rhea's only other loss is to Cleveland. The Arby's as well as the Super 16 tourney at Bearden(Bearden, Cleveland, Howard, Fulton, OS)will go along way in telling who are the best teams so far this season and what to be looking for down the stretch.........

I'm not sure if Science Hill is better than Maryville. They're both good teams. I will agree that DB was definetly the better of the 2 teams in their game vs SH, but I will say that SH has not played a great game yet as a team. So far this season I don't think SH has played as hard as they should've and shown their potential. People need to understand that this is the youngest SH team in years. When they are on top of their game they are GOOD, but for the majority of this season SH has not played the way they are capable of playing. The only game SH has played close to the way they are capable of was vs Johnson County. They played great as a team for 32 min. and they absolutely blew their opponent away. These past few games especially, SH has not played hard, and has played very sloppy. They've had to come back in the final few min. of thier last 3-4 games. I don't think this year's team has meshed yet. A lot of them are trying to find their groove on the varsity squad. Jerome is really the only player who is doing his part right now. Nick Bradley is playing ok right now, but not the way he's capable of playing. The rest of the team needs to step their games up and help out. When SH finally hits their groove they will be a tough team team to beat.