What is wrong with Antioch?????????????

gomab2

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey WindyCity, just responding to a poster who identified himself as a Antioch BB player in another thread. Maybe you need to address him as well. I kind of take offense when a player gets on here and rips his own coach.

I wish you guys a lot of luck with the second part of your season. I'll catch up with you all the last week of the season.

BigPoppa, Thanks I don't know who the player is and I don't care. Cuz when we have practice we are all together. Coach Mangrum is going to catch you know. We have so much talent and he isn't using it yet. I look at it like this coach is tring to see what goes with what like a outfit. We shall be a team come tournament time because just cause you win the season district championship doesn't mean your going to win the tournament. Thanks for showing your concern. NOBODY SHOULD EVER GIVE UP ON ANTIOCH.

first of all nobody is bashing anybody, but if antioch has all the talent that everyone one on here thinks they do then why are they still not winning like they should. it might be team chemistry or something else for that matter, but how long can a team with talent have bad chemistry? i mean was this the problem with them last year too? and what about next year, if the same thing happens will it be team chemistry again? it's only so long a coach can hide behind his players.

Ah, you speak again. Every team thinks they have talent, some do, some don't. Antioch is no exception to this theory. You must not be playing much whitehope. Are you a player who is hiding behind his coach or a warm body filling a uniform that couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie?

From what I have seen from your district this year you may have the 6th best team in your district ahead of only Glencliff and Pearl Cohn you may upset some other teams along the way in your district but c'mon man who are you trying to kid?

You guys have a relatively young team and with that often comes inconsistency. Success may come but man you guys need an attitude upgrade.

ah bigpoppa you speak again, My boy whitehope gets more playing time then I do. I have just got of the injured list and know I can add to the talent we have. As of a team we have chemistry it's just like how do i say this. When we get down we kinda give up and let the other team run over us. Then we come back in the fourth quater. Really the only reason why we are losing is that we average 20 turnovers a game. Think about it that's 40 points we just 2's. Add the points to are games and see what we have then. As our turnovers go down are point totally will rise. At first we didn't have any roles and now as the second half of the season roles in we have them and you shall see. Another problem is we get out played. To tell ya the truth we didn't think so, but now we plan on going 120% more than the other team. Whitehope keep ya head up and ya turnovers down. Bigpoppa we have to get on at the same time and have a conversation.

gwmike, master, whitehope, or whatever name you register today to get your shots in, the problem starts with you and several other guys on your team with the same outlook. I saw all three of your games at the Overton Tournament and you were pathetic. You barely beat a University School team that is not exactly full of talent. Warren County and East Literature blew you out. Coach Mangrum was not there so I guess it was all Coach Sewell's fault that time huh? Just like McGavock and Glencliff, talent does not make a team. When you finally get over yourself and realize that you MIGHT have a chance to win a decent game. By the way, your little question about who should be the point guard gave it all away. :o:)

Guest Master

Bigcheif,

I don't know who you are,gwmike, whitehope or anybody else.Judging by your post,I'd guess you are in high school and play for Antioch. Good for you. Now let's talk basketball and leave the childish stuff alone OK.

I see Antioch got a big win over Macgavock. Also,Henry Harris had a big game game in their win over Maplewood.

Has Bubba's knee completely healed?