dc tournament?

bballfever

There were more quality athletes in the DC tourney than any I have been to in the last few years. I have been to a few. Today I went to Martin for a while and then to DC and then to Humboldt. DC, Giles, Maplewood, Bolivar, Melrose, Ripley, Covington and JCM. Most of the starting 5 of any of these could start for most any team around. It must have been the distance, but I was disappointed in the support from the local media(Jackson Sun) and some teams had very little fan support.

Talking about a quality tournament, well, if you didn't make the one in Newbern, then you wasted your time at any of the area other tournaments, unless you had one of your own playing in those tourn....Giles Co. has probably the best individual player that I have seen in a while..coach at Giles Co. says he's just a sophomore, at around 6'5" and can move, understand, he is leaving after this yr and headed for Oak Hill Academy in Va. and we all know the quality of that nation wide high school program, again, that's the caliber of talent this tournament has brought to west tennessee and if you love good basketball, then make this one next yr...

Guest beavers2781

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY I WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE DYER COUNTY CLASSIC HIGH SCHOOL TOURNAMENT.MY HAT GOES OUT TO MR STARKS FOR BRINGING THE CALIBER OF TEAMS THAT HE BROUGHT IN.YOU HAD SOME REAL CLOSE GAMES AND SOME THAT WERE KINDA ONE SIDED.ONE THING THAT I SAW WAS THE COACHES COACHED AND THE PLAYERS PLAYED AND THE OFFICIALS OFFICATED.THIS WAS A GREAT TOURNAMENT.TO THOSE WHO DIDN'T GET TO GO YOU MISSED SOME GOOD GAMES.HERE IS A RUNDOWN OF THE SCORES.

DECEMBER 26,2003

MEMPHIS MELROSE 94

COVINGTON 47

GILES COUNTY 6O

NASHVILLE MAPLEWOOD 47

DYER COUNTY 67

JACKSON CENTRAL MERRY 64

DECEMBER 27,2003

COVINGTON 63

JACKSON CENTRAL MERRY 60

GILES COUNTY 64

RIPLEY 52

BOLIVAR CENTRAL 71

MEMPHIS MELROSE 68

DYER COUNTY 67

NASHVILLE MAPLEWOOD 60

DECEMBER 28,2003

GILES COUNTY 71

COVINGTON 50

RIPLEY 92

JACKSON CENTRAL MERRY 80

BOLIVAR CENTRAL 73

NASHVILLE MAPLEWOOD 71

DYER COUNTY 64

MEMPHIS MELROSE 58

I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO ALL THE COACHES,PLAYERS,THE SPONSORS AND VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO MR LONNIE STARKS FOR COORDINATING IT.

:(