Top 5 Boys teams in the State "03"

mack6

gameball any reason you have brentwood at one? i don't know what there team looks like this year.

faninthestands those sophmores and juniors saw good time last year, im sure they will step up. holland trained in the offseason with gary germain (the same trainer russ street used)...we will see how he does. christiansan will not disappoint.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Germaine very well. His training routine can help anyone become a better keeper, what keeper training can't duplicate however, is game speed, and game tactical decisons. When Russ was training with Germaine, he was also playing club ball getting some game experience.

I'm sure the sophs and juniors will be able to hold their own against most teams they come across, it's just too early to tell how they can do against the powerhouses normally in the top 5.

One junior I didn't mention that I just heard is going to play is Nichols, this will add additional speed to an already quick squad.

The CBHS players that have already received Divi 1 offers are Michael Kraus, Brad Whitsitt, Sereth Love and Justin Kramer. Additionally, both Matt Bogan and Greg Barana are likely to receive offers.

ARE those players on CBHS playing now? What schools offered them scholarships? I must commend CBHS, That is unbelievable that 1 high School has 4-6 players on 1 team offered Div. 1 Scholarships. Very few of the best Competitive Club teams have that many on one team. Even the best high schools in California and Texas don't turn out 4-6 players on one team in the same year with Div.1 Scholarships in the same year. Bearden who beat CBHS last year didn't have not even one Div. 1 Scholarship in 2002(true 1 or two probably could have but not 4-6 and they beat CBHS. This year Bearden does have Radcliff who already has committed to a Div 1 school this year, but I stand where I stood the other day, NO prospect list has 4-6 Div 1 players out of CBHS on it. If I am wrong, tell me I can be wrong and would gladly admit it. , but if that is true the Media should be told because that is just really rare in one high school and especially in Tennessee. But assuming that to be true with that imfo and new imfo I have learned on other schools I will repost my picks as Top teams.........! 1) CBHS 2)Faragut 3) Ridgeway 4)Bearden 5) Franklin........ To ALLAMERICAN I had brentwood 1 because I had heard they had some top transfers and a returning player coming back who really graduated. imfo Wasn't true....... ;)

ryan nichols will be a good addition and will add a lot of speed with his 4.4 forty. it will be interesting to see how he does considering he hasnt touched a ball in a long time. i think he'll be fine. christiansan and nichols up front will give franklin two of the fastest forwards in the state. along with the question of the keeper position will be how they are going to replace the defense. the only sophomore with any experience is david defatta...and he may have to play midfield.

GAMEBALL: did you hear that tyler trew was gonna transfer to Brentwood?...i had heard that rumor and was wondering if thats what you were referring to...and he is not transferring.

Also: MBA has cancelled their matchup with Franklin for the second year in a row...any comments on that? makes you wonder?

Defensively last year, Carlton (Junior)got some time in as did Campbell (Soph). Alexander (Junior) has also player a little stopper last year. With all the talent that Franklin will have at midfield and striker, a few folks may find themselves in positions a little foreign to them, but in the best interest of the team may need to move around a little.

Regardless, if Franklin can stay healthy and possess the ball at midfield, they should do fine while the defense finds themselves.

good point...i was referring to the sophmores that played D last year...i forgot about campbell. i dont know much about him other than his brother was a pretty good keeper for Centennial a couple years ago. with carlton and alexander in the back they should be BIG physically and hard to get by...ill be anxious to see who franklin puts back there with them.

Does anyone know if Franklin is playing in the Hendersonville tournament? I heard Farragut and top ranked Huntsville for Alabama was playing there. If the 3 of them are playing, i'd like to know because I would like to drive over there and see it, I think Farragut will be tough to beat this year but if these 3 teams are playing we'd see where the powers were quickly. Also, anyone know if CBHS and Houston are playing in the best of the west tournament , I'd like to see that too. Anybody know about any tournaments in the east? AllAmerican- yes the scoop was Tyler Trew was a new player at Brentwwod........... ;)

AllAmerican Hendersonville is March 21/22/23 or that weekend. Goodluck to ya'll. I wish I was still playing in HS enjoy it while you can. Whomever posted about the 4-6 Div 1 players from CBHS, I'm still waiting for a list of schools with their names. That is just an unbelievable feat and I want to get it to the media..........if it's true. COPAMUDIAL I'm still waiting for your picks this year, you seem to know the whole state better than qnyone on here and your accurate. Somehow , you have more info than anyone and your always right, Tell us what you think , who will be the best this year?????? :):):)