Div. II - Top 5

brownhut

You rock brownhut...Ole Times...you basically got it on the nose...I just like having fun, I do get respectful when need be, and I believe that being respectful should be deemed a blessing (because it shows respect for yourself). I wish I could go to the FRHS vs. The Mighty Harpeth Hall game tonight but I would have way too many butterflys....HH is that good...I'msetteling on MBA vs. FRHS in wresteling....this will be a very good one but I really think one of the games to watch in Nashville tonight is HH vs. Ryan...good players...good teams...heated rivalry...SMALL GYM...for you Memphians...think MSU vs. Georgetown when you had Clyde Lee and Co., that's the buzz on the floor tonight at HH. ....Well...... mabey at least you see my point...P.S. whatever happened to Baskerville Holmes? GO IRISH

[Edited by frhsrules on 1-10-03 1:09A]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the correction (Kieth Lee had an incredible inside presense) and I'm sorry I learned about Baskerville in this fashon (perhaps this was the best place to learn). When I was in 8th grade or perhaps a freshman at Ryan, my family and I cheered very hard for that MSU team. Anyhoo, I hear Harpeth Hall put the hurtin' on the beautiful LADY IRISH tonight in a 3 overtime game....SO, I think I have to update my top 5 due to this result: #1 THE HARPETH HALL, #2 FRHS, #3 ECS, #4 Briarcrest....and this time I think I will show respect for the underdog...#5..tie...Hutch vs. Webb....The Boro' will be fun in less than 2 months...this years' title is really up for grabs...If Memphis wins this one you kicked some serious boo-tay because I think Father Ryan or Harpeth Hall will win it all...

Guest defygravity

actually kristen archie of the irish intentionally fouled allie bohannon pretty badly...and then one of the other irish threw sarah baker out of bounds...there was a third foul where kristen archie hit bohannon pretty badly, but she at least went for ball that time and wasn't called for an intentional.

Guest oletimes44

The game was a sight to see and the paper didn't serve it justice in the least...They shouldn't write about it if the writer wasn't there, because he missed the key points in the game. This post is for you FRHS, because I am sure you are thirsting to know some details.

Regular Time Highlights:

-Allie Bohannon with stellar steals and connections rattling the Irish from the beginning.

-Kristin Archie cold from the arch but getting her points from agressive drives and smooth lay-ups

-Nancy Sisk hot from the arch bagging two 3's in the first quarter

-Taylor Parrish being an inside threat hitting her lay-ups

-Sarah Baker tied the game 36-36 with about 6 seconds to go.

1st Overtime:

-only four pts were scored for each side, Archie getting all four I think

-Sisk went to the line for 1 and 1, which tied the game 38-38

-I think Baker hit an inside shot and then Archie responded, ending the first overtime 40-40

2nd Overtime:

-Ryan got the tip but didn't connect

-Sisk hit a three 43-40

-Archie was fouled and hit a lay up

-Bohannon was intentionally fouled but missed her free throws

-Baker was intentionally fouled and made both free throws 45-42

-Bohannon was fouled again and sealed the game for the win

FRHS - HH sounds like it was a great game. Congrats HH.

I'm a bit bummed. I always get excited when teams cross regions to play. I think it helps give everyone an idea where D2 teams stand. Props to Brentwood Ac, FRHS, and HH for coming West earlier this season.

Hutchison was scheduled to play GPS and Notre Dame this weekend, but last night I saw a parent of one of the players who told me that one of the eastern teams backed out at the last minute. Hutchison didn't make the trip for just one game.

Anyone know any details??

Ole Times you are all right for an Ole Timer(although I suspect at the oldest you are a young HH dad)....Actually I am impressed that FRHS stayed as close as they did in this contest...I think FRHS is the better team yesterday, today and perhaps tomorow, but playing HH on their turf (when you are from FR) is not like easy or anything (intentionally trying to sound like an air head)....I talked with a couple of FRHS cheerleaders at MBA after the game ended, and they told me there were "a cabillion" HH students at the game. Sounds like a loud place to me...FRHS will do just fine, they lost to a great team who was fired up at their own place...I said it earlier in this thread (and you were right Ole Times about the lack of coverage) that the best game in the city would be FRHS vs. HH....Memphis, in one of these two I believe you have your beast....who will be your Knight? GO IRISH

doesnt surprise me that hutch wouldnt go for one game...ive been around those girls my whole life and im surprised they even scheduled an out of town game...ronnie robinson has done a fairly good job w/them over there starting off by having practice for more than an hour...i hate watching them play though...their defense is terrible and i dont understand how they win...or score for that matter...they stand flat-footed and bent at the waist with their arms down...honostly i think the reason the force turn overs is because teams they play arnt used to seeing a high school team look like a bunch of 4th graders and they are caught off guard by the lack of talent and effort...which you shouldnt be able to win games like that...i have never been able to watch them and unless they pick it up i never will be able to...and there is no way they are better than briarcrest...or in the top half of the west region for that matter...

Ole Times you mentioned Allie in your post, I don't know this girl (I've seen her picture and of course she is cute), but I know she is an exceptional runner for the honeybears. The HH has tremendous team speed...I speculate that Allie spearheads the unit....I admire Harpeth Hall for this.......Hey Brownhut.....are you a Hutch fan?....I gotta know. P.S. Congrats to Nancy Sisk from HH for steping up......you are a great player....GO IRISH...you will win something special this year (region/state or both).

BNAHOOPS, It is true that there were 2 intentional fouls called in this game, but I'm not really sure it has anything to do with having class or a lack of. In many games, the team that is trailing is forced to foul to conserve clock time (I assume that you do know that the clock will stop when a foul is called). Players are instructed to go for the ball and if they do not get the turnover to foul as soon as possible. There are times that a defensive player will not be in the best position to create a turnover and in the heat of the moment will foul and not be going for the ball. The first of these intentional fouls was after a missed shot with the HH player getting the rebound. The FRHS player went after the ball and fought for it very aggressively. The official called her for an intentional foul. The second one was the result of the the FRHS player not being in position to create the needed turnover and in an attempt to foul, pushed the HH player from behind.

Both calls were correct in my opinion.

Again, as far as having class or a lack of, a HH player was over heard calling one of the FRHS players the "B" word after the game.

Many things are said and done in intense competition and can be taken as having a lack of class.

So, please don't make judgment calls if you were not even there to witness it for yourself.

It was a great game played by both FRHS and HH.

[Edited by BehindTheArc on 1-12-03 2:34P]