Watch out for the Lady T's!!!

Blue21SallyAt7

I've seen the Alcoa girls play twice in the past few days ... Maryville and William Blount and I'm impressed. Coach Brown has them playing as a team. Kara and Deveda are so quick and Kara can shoot the eyes out. Sarah is doing a great job of distributing the ball ... I believe she is one of (if not the top) assist persons in East Tennessee. Whitney ... good grief ... she's an animal down in the post. And Koral ... she is such a hard worker ... she gets more out of her athletic ability than most any girl I've seen this year. Alcoa's gain was definitely William Blount's loss, when the Lady Tornadoes got Koral.

Any talent on the eighth grade level coming up next year?

GovMan

[Edited by GovMan on 1-10-03 10:12P]

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Oak Ridge is really that good. There are not to many teams in Tennessee that belong on the same court as them. They are a power house. But I agree with govman on the statements that he made about some of the lady tornado players. Kara Harris is super quick and can flat out shoot the ball and shes only a soph. She should be playing on the aau team with cait mcmahan and holly rogers this summer, from what i hear. Koral stache is an amazing scorer, and gets a more from her ability then anyone. Davida is a track star, and sarahs becoming a better point guard.

splainshornet, first off Stephanie did win the 100m last year, but did you look at the 200m. Daveda did win that ya know. And why are all these people hating on the Lady T's? Everyone knows that they are the Tornadoes, but can't we call them what we want? Why is govman saying anything about Alcoa? Didn't we beat WB already? Oh yeah, we beat Carter too so shhhh! Be quiet!

Look here AlcoaChump5, if you notice they posted her being the faststest in the was state and usally the fastest person is determined by the 100 m dash. 2nd I do know she won the 200 m dash, I never said she didn't. 3rdly you can call them whatever you want, but that sorry crowd out there when we played you guys was sad. One of the best new facilities in the state and probably a crowd 500 folks.. Another news flash, Yeah Alcoa is pretty good, but not great. If you can hang your hat on losing a 20 point lead with your starters in the gtame an accomplishment then you need to get higher standards. Another one just for your information if you will look back at the this thread you will see GOVMAN taking up for ALCOA.

Posted by aLcOaChAmP5:

splainshornet, first off Stephanie did win the 100m last year, but did you look at the 200m. Daveda did win that ya know. And why are all these people hating on the Lady T's? Everyone knows that they are the Tornadoes, but can't we call them what we want? Why is govman saying anything about Alcoa? Didn't we beat WB already? Oh yeah, we beat Carter too so shhhh! Be quiet!

splainshornet or whatever ya name is, it doesn't matter if we won by 20 pts. or 1 pt. A win is a win, and I didn't say that we were great, but we are better than Carter this year. And the name is AlcoaCHAMP5!! You do know what a champ is don't you??? Oh yeah, I don't recall Carter winning any kind of Championships lately!! So I do understand where you're coming from. Sorry Govman for the misunderstanding, and I respect WB and all of the county schools!!

I agree with Alcoachamp5, a win is a win. You play the game to get wins and thats what the lady t's are doing right now.Sometimes you win ugly and other times you win big, but the bottom line is the win- loss column. The Alcoa girls have already recorded 12 wins and are undefeated in the district so they are doing what they need to do.

How many championships have the Lady T's won lately? If I'm not mistaken we have won some banners and have been to the Substate in the last 4 years, where has Alcoa been? I'll tell you where they've been, battling Fulton for last place. As for this comment...'we are better than Carter this year.' We will see about that, don't forget Basketball is a TOURNAMENT Sport.

Posted by alcoachUmp5:

we are better than Carter this year. And the name is AlcoaCHAMP5!! You do know what a champ is don't you??? Oh yeah, I don't recall Carter winning any kind of Championships lately!!

splainsbee...I mean Hornet, I know it is a tournament sport and we'll just have to wait and see who goes farther. And I wasn't just talking about basketball championships, I was talking about state titles period!! If Alcoa was battling Fulton for last place, then Carter must have been next to last! I just don't recall carter winning any kind of titles! Could you help me out a little and tell me if yall have any titles. Oh yeah, Stephanie Woodfin did win a couple for yall, but are there any more?