whos the best- D1 or D2?

MJBear0803

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pummeler

you guys are right. not all the champs from DII are better. i just think that most of them are, but that changes year to year as well. a dual between last years champions would have been great and very close. like i said earlier the deepness of DI makes it tougher. but no one can say for sure tennesse needs one division and we would all see some great wrestling matches.

D2 schools encompass (15 to 25 total teams)....D1 encopasses' a few more I think.....(you tell me country boys)....Recruiting?, I assume D2 recruits (but from my surroundings with the families), I think the majority of kids that attend D2 schools is because the parents want their children to get a better education and to keep them away from the potential of "trouble students" that public schools have more of. Granted, their are sooooooooo many awesome public school students and families...BUT, the privates are looking to stay away from the same heat you good people have chosen to face. Also, in the case of a say...MBA....your child will recieve the best collge prepatory that any school can give. SO....when it comes to ranking D2 vs. D1....there is no doubt that of the top 15 schools in the state....BY FAR the majority are from D2....this can not be argued...

[Edited by frhsrules on 1-13-03 2:15A]

Guest TNwrestle86

while only 4 of the top 10 teams are from D1 (that can be debated), all the rest of the top 25 is D1. thats 19 of 25 teams. D1 is more rounded, and im not convinced that the top D2 wrestlers would all beat the top D1. i propose a match between the state champs from each division. what a spectacle it would be.

When I sounded off, I did not have any facts except my speculation, which is decent at worst. As far as the state polls.....I can not give them much respect when they rank Webb in girl's b-ball ahead of many teams that could clean the marrow out of their bones. So....I'll take D2's top 7 against D 1's top 12....and D 2 will roll up points in a tourney......But I guess it comes down to this, because of the split, D2 has very few competitive teams. The teams, however, are elite, by high school standards. Let's face it: year in and year out, the top 5 D2 vs. the top 5 D1 results in a rout.....ROUT......I know about wresteling....I went to FRHS....and I know public school boys are tough as nails at times...BUT...D2's league is like taking the best in D1 and rolling it in to one.....IT IS VERY VERY TOUGH.

Let's see, let's match up the #1private school and #1 public school and go down the line.

Bradley v. Ryan- bradley probably

McCallie v. Cleveland -didnt McCallie already beat them?

MBA v. Soddy - who knows....either way

Baylor v. Clarksville - who knows...

CBHS v. east ridgeed bank - CBHS would win.

-Now I know that some of this might cry about this, so I'm worried. If you think something different, post it

[Edited by thegatling on 1-15-03 4:32A]