roane co. baseball 03

rcpatriot

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockwood is the team to beat in District 4A and has to be considered one of the favorites to make that state from East Tennessee. The Tigers will be in position to make a run at returning to the state and that's all a team can ask for. By then, you just take it one game at a time and it doesn't hurt to get a little luck along the way.

[Edited by goosevol on 2-1-03 10:49P]

I like when people run there mouth on here and don't even know what there season is going to look like? All I ahve to say, is you can say your team is good, but when the season comes up anything can happen. So if your going to run your mouth wait intill the season is open, and maybe when the season is over Monk will lead the county in strike outs again? But once again like I said....you have to wait till the season is over. Well good luck to all the teams in Roane County. ;)

I don't understand why you waste your time getting on here and running each other in the ground. I don't think that is what these message boards are for. Everyone should let what happens on the field be all the talking that goes on. And why would anyone say anything smart about the Hall kid from Harriman? From what I have ever seen or heard, he is not mouthy or cocky. He may be a little intense just because he loves the game of baseball. I know for a fact that he has friends from Rockwood, Kingston, Oliver Springs, Wartburg, & Oakdale. I can't imagine that you would hear him talking smack about any of these guys. As for Justin Mills - I agree. He has a lot of talent and he will only improve with experience.

Guest Longball5

i don't believe anything bad has been said about alex. the only statement that was made in regards to alex was that he needed to learn how to hit the off speed pitches and the low and outside pitches. kevin monk was stated as being the cocky one. alex is a class act and has a good baseball future in front of him. good luck this year!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest osstar35

Monk is a pretty good guy and great player he help boost our summer league team in many ways. not only can he kill the ball hes got a good glove. same goes for dustin smith. the only problems we had this summer with these guys was when they wanted to beat the LC coach's head in when he decided to be a @$$ and not let some of the players play. that team was together a week before the season started and that was one of the tightest teams we had ever seen. if anyone had done something to one of the other players on the team i personaly think monk would had been the first one out there to defend his teammates so best of luck to monk and the rest of the mudcats of 2002

For all those w/ dellusions of grandure, Rockwood has been and still is the best team in Roane county. Its not that Rockwood produces so much more talent than everybody else, its just that their coaching is head and shoulders above everybody.

hhsbaseball, didn't OS take a 5-3 decision from Harriman early in the season last year. Yeah, that's right, I thought they did.

As far as Jubal Duncan, I find it kinda hard to believe that he's hitting 80. I hit against him last year and he really wasn't the type to over power you, his talent lies in his ability to locate his pitches (which he does very well, though he did hang a couple curveballs when I faced him). He is a good young talent, but I question the claim of him hitting 80 on the radar gun, that's a claim that seems to be made by everybody on this site.