SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAMS !!! UHS EHS HHS CHS HVHS

Diggs9

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please let old Tdog rest. It has been a tough year for we Ranger Maroon Faithful. I wish our kids well for the remainder of the season. I think the tough schedule has really taken its toll on the boys team. And up to this point we have played very few home games. But I still believe in our kids and coaches. I think Unaka will be there come tournament time. We are undefeated in our conference and that is what matters most. As for Sp. Mom, Justwatchin, and the many other posters, I just want to kick back and read the great stuff that is posted. Heck, even Cacadeltoro is becoming one of my favorite posters.

i also enjoy my posts also and i to enjoy reading this stuff i also agree that uhs will be a team to reckon with in the end i know i have been tough on them on earlier posts but i also know that tradition is hard for hope to overcome and that is what the rest of wvc is doing hoping they win and hoping uhs rule is over but with this much season left anything can happen

Sportie...you can call me Tim, or you can call Jim, or even call me Kim, but most call me Coach Stokely from Volunteer. I only have one ID on here. No hiding or ducking, just plain old Stokomo. Got that nickname from a kid that played quarterback for DB and on my one of my AAU teams. :D

[Edited by Stokomo on 1-15-03 10:25A]

[Edited by Stokomo on 1-15-03 10:25A]

caca, i think you are getting soft. could it be that you, too, are catching ranger fever? i sure hope so. the boys need our support. so if they are winning you over, then welcome aboard, ya big softie. everyone deserves a second chance. so i'll forgive you for bashing me when i softened up on elizabethton on another thread..... there may be hope for you yet.

i said in my first ever post i was a uhs fan i just wasnt sure how this team would fair and so far they have not disappointed my expectations but the wvc has especially chs i think uh is good but not challenged i will admit my wrong treatment of uhs if and when they win the conference if not i was correct all the time and i truly hope i was wrong as for you and ehs dont forgive me because i dont you unless you can make them tell us all WHO IS THE PRO obviously that is driving me crazy

I think everyone needs to take their excitment to the games not the message boards. Let's support the teams because they really need it. I was at the Cloudland-Johnson County game and there was alot of support but not enough. Cloudland plays Unaka in 1 week and 2 days. Let's all try to pack the gym and support the kids. I am really excited about the girls game as well as the boys. I am ready. By the way where is Cobby? I havent seen him lately. Anyone know?

[Edited by landergolfer on 1-15-03 5:49P]

To Stokomo,

I am truly sorry if this offended you. I was just letting my feminine side come out in me. It is "MY" opinion and only "my" opinion that I don't think people should bash kids and then the next day call themselves a Christian. Yes I do agree that all races and religions do there share of bashing but that does not make it right. There are people everyday that steal and kill and call themselves Christians too. Does that mean that they are true Christians too? I am not claiming to be a saint but the people that I am talking about do the bashing Hot and Heavy, it is not just a mistake or a slip. You seem like a really nice guy and that the kids you have coached look up to you. So again if I offended you I am truly sorry> All I was trying to do is save a kid from hearing "Hate" ~

Thank you for your reply. I wish that everyone can take something off this board and use it. You are right about bashing kids, and it's a perpetual cycle. Kids get bashed by adults, then on the AVERAGE, they will in turn learn to do the same when they are adults. As a coach of AAU and now High school basketball, I have kids I've coached just last year that we have to play against. I would still never bash one of my former players, or any player for that matter. When we played Hancock County, I gave Rocky a hug before the game and said, "I hope you score 50 points but lose the game." I meant that I wish him the best of luck but I want to win the game. We will play Elizabethton Friday night, weather permitting, and I have four players (Vince, BJ, Walter, and Lester) that have played for me for the last three years. Now if I wish all of them a good game, which I hope they still do have, it will be tough for us. But I love all my players and former players. Bashing only shows the Basher's insecurity and more importantly the Bashee's feelings being hurt. Remember, these are kids with fragile feelings. They may act tough and rough, but deep inside, they are kids. If you want to bash someone, go to work and bash your fellow employees working with you. See what happens then. :(